Chapter 5: Fate

We had decided to go out to a near by pancake house to eat and it was the best food I've ever had. Well, the only food I could ever remember having anyways. I dug into my pancakes with loads and loads of syrup on top. Why is the sticky liquid so delicious? I kept questioning. My moms smiled at me while the rest of us dug into our food. The blonde waitress kept bothering us between bits and I almost considered snapping at her. "Wow, looks like your in love." Katie said. I smirked and swallowed the rest of the pancake in my mouth. "Well what can I say? Hospital food is nothing compared to this." I said making the everyone at the table laugh. I was sitting next to Noah in a booth while Alex and Katie sat next to each other on the opposite side. My moms were sitting at a small table across from us eating and talking. I noticed Alex looking over my shoulder and I turned to see who he was staring at. A girl about our age was paying at the register. She had pretty blonde hair and shinny blue eyes like diamonds. Alex leaned his head in one hand and stared at her. "Looks like someone has the hots." Noah teased watching Alex slightly blush. "Eat it Grissley." Alex growled before sighing watching the girl leave. "Tracy Sanders doesn't deserve you." I heard Katie mumble. I instantly saw the triangle and smirked feeling lucky I wasn't single. 'Eliza wasn't single.' A voice reminded me in the back of my head. I frowned and looked down at my pancakes. "Eliza? Eliza?" Noah tried to get my attention. I looked up at him wondering what he wanted. "Did you hear me? I asked what you wanted to do after this." He asked. I looked over at Eli-my moms and they were looking at me concerned. "I think I just want to hang out with you guys at home." I said. Katie smiled brightly and Alex put a hand to his heart. "Oh man, the feels. They're killing me." He said dramatically before fake passing out on the table. I laughed at his foolishness and he smiled at me. Noah looked concerned before I squeezed his hand under the table. "Come on then lets pay." Sabrina said getting up. She hadn't noticed the busy waiter of ours a couple of inches away from her foot. The waiter tripped and I acted quickly. I stepped from out of the booth and caught the waitress in my arms as the tray fell to the floor. Everyone looked at me and I helped the waitress back up. "Thank you for catching me-Oh my goodness I'm so sorry I didn't mean to drop it." She said looking worried at the broken dishes and hot food on the floor. "It's okay." I told She looked at me before Noah turned me around. "You okay?" He asked his brown eyes looking as sweet as the syrup. "Yes I'm fine." I told him. A few minutes later the manager came out of the room and told us our meal was free. "Are you sure? It was a lot of food we can still pay." Raula said concerned. The manager shook his head and glared at the waitress. "But you missy." He said sounding angry. The waitress looked down at her feet and Sabrina smiled at her. "Thank you for recommending the pumpkin spice pancakes. Those were delicious. Here-" She said handing the girl a twenty. The blonde waitress looked down at the money shocked and her name tag flashed in my eye. "Yes Cindy that chamomile tea you brewed was just so perfect." I added with a bright smile. The manager grumbled something before heading into the back room. Cindy looked at Sabrina grateful and teary eyed. "Thank you." She said giving her a hug. Someone called her and she went back to work. We walked out of the pancake house and I looked at Sabrina. "That was really nice." I told her. She smirked and looked at Raula. "I wonder where I got it from." she said making Raula blush madly. I chuckled and Alex stood to my right, Noah to my left, and Katie walking next to Alex. "How did you catch her like that?" Alex asked me astonished. I shrugged my shoulders and he shook his head. "No-" He said mimicking my shoulder shrug. "what you did in there was straight up magic." he said. I smirked and looked at him out of the corner of my eye. "Maybe it was just fate." I answered. We had made it to the car and let me just say that the ride home was so much fun. Alex knew pretty much all of the songs that played while Noah sang the duet parts. I smiled and laughed the whole way home.