Chapter 32 (unedited)

Start from the beginning

"Enough!" I scream dropping the salt. "Enough! Shut up! Just SHUT UP!"

When it goes completely silent it my head, I continue. "Do not speak of my mother, bastard."

It was a male voice that had said it. I never really know who is who and I don't specifically care. I wish there was a spell to mute everyone's voices like a button but no such luck. I've tried and often they would force their way through. It was impossible.

I pick up the cup of salt and finish creating my circle. Grabbing herbs and the rest of my ingredients, I place them on the center of the table. My book is opened in front of me and the spell is right there. I didn't know what was stopping me from doing it though.

Probably the fear of the unknown. What happens later? I understand that I have to do a spell to erase everything that I own. Sitting on my knees, I feel something in the back of my pocket. I fish it out and stare at the beautiful necklace Annabel had used to find me. Thinking of her, I wonder what she might be going through right now. I told her that it would take half an hour to start rid of Meredith's curse. Shaking my head, I leave the room and go back to my living room.

I walk around the apartment marveling at the beauty of this world. Looking out the window, I admire New Orleans. The music played at night and even though some would hate it, I loved listening. Taking a seat on my patio, I point my finger at a pen and paper and wave it over. Seconds later, it comes to me and I begin to write.

I let everything that I kept hidden be written down. My emotions, my predicament, my life. When I finish, the music in the street turns to a beautiful melody. I remember exactly what it was. It was 'When the Saints Go Marching In, by one of my favourite musicians of all time, Louis Armstrong. I listened to it with Aaron all the time. It was our favorite. We used to dance to the music on this patio nearly every night. I smile sadly at the memories. Finishing the letter, I put it in an envelope, playing with the necklace.

You must destroy this necklace.

"It is of no use," I say hearing others agree with me. There was no need for it no more. Some of my past ancestors just wanted to start arguments with me. It was annoying.

Getting up, I head inside with the tune still playing. I glance at the picture of the love of my life- Aaron. Smiling at the picture, I trail my finger down the photo and press a small kiss onto it. "I miss you."

He didn't want this. Our last argument we had, I had told him what I had to do to restore peace among all supernaturals. It was destiny.

I get back into the room where my ancestors magic were the strongest, including myself. I had designed it to be. It was sort of like the one in Portland but that was a rental home. I transferred everything from that place to my actual apartment. It was tiring moving such objects but it didn't knock me out such as when I teleported myself.

Sitting down, I try to block out everyone's voices. Their opinions of what I should do did not sway my way. I knew what I had to do here.

I grab the dagger drenched with the cursed ones blood and place it next to the flower. I grab my magic bowl and center it with my body. Picking it up, I add some water into it. Grabbing the herbs, I sprinkle them inside. The music from outside still echoes throughout the still night. I pause for a moment but I remember that Annabel expected this to be done earlier. She could potentially be dying at the hands of the one she was to love forever.

By the second, Meredith's curse strengthened. The curse knew it's time was near and Meredith, an angry grandmother, continued to control it. She increased the anger, the pain, and the suffering of the curse. I feel horrible at the thought of someone hurting their loved one against their will. It was something no one should ever go through.