Chapter 18

*The next day*

JACE'S POV

Today was the day that I carry out my end of the bargain for my freedom.  Alec had told me that Aldertree wanted to meet with me in the main room at 10:00am to have our meeting.  I looked over at my clock and noticed that it had just chimed 8:30am.  I knew it wouldn't take me an hour and a half to get ready, but I wanted to be on time, as he and Alec had given me my freedom.  I owed it to Alec at least to cooperate.  I decided to get up and get dressed, maybe throw in some training while I waited.

*Later – meeting Aldertree*

I walked into the main room, ignoring all the stares that were thrown my way, heading towards Aldertree for our meeting.  Once I got to him, neither of us said a word, he just indicated for me to follow him.  I complied and we headed to what he told me was his study.  As soon as both of us entered, he turned to me.
"Shut and lock the door will you?"  He asked.  I nodded and did as he asked.  We both made our way to his desk and we sat down.  "Now, I'm going to record all this so that none of it gets misconstrued and nothing gets left out."  He told me.  I nodded, knowing this wasn't a choice.  But either way, I didn't care.
"That's fine with me."  I replied smoothly.  He set up the camera, and once it was recording, he said one word.
"Talk."  With that, I launched in to my story, and everything I knew about Valentine, his plans, the Mortal Cup, and their last known locations.

*In the training room*

ISABELLE'S POV

Ben, Alec and I decided to train Clary whilst Jace was talking to Aldertree.  It started with Clary and I sparring, whilst the twins observed her technique.  Even though she is a Shadowhunter, she hasn't been at it for long and she has had hardly any training.  She's a quick learner, no doubt, but she still needs basic training.  After a while, Clary and I stopped and I looked at the twins.
"Comments boys?"  I asked.  They both looked at Clary. Ben decided to speak first.
"Good start, but Clary, you need to work on your defence, as well as your footwork."  He commented.  Alec nodded, agreeing with what his brother had said.
"True, but she also should work on weapons as well.  We should test her on different ones."  Alec suggested.
"Good idea, but she needs to work on her hand-to-hand combat skills first." Ben added. Both Alec and I nodded, and we went back to training.

*Two hours later*

We had spent the first hour and a half training hand-to-hand combat.  We rotated sparring partners every 30 minutes.  I noticed that Alec was the one who went hardest on Clary, which wasn't at all surprising.  We all worked her hard, but Alec more so than Ben or I.  I know he blames her for everything that happened since she got here.  I can still hear his words to her after Jocelyn tried to kill Jace.  I don't feel that way about her, and she knows that, but I know Alec's words got to her.  Anyway, we have now trialled her on different types of weapons.  Alec even trialled her on a bow!  Let's just say that isn't going to be her weapon of choice.  She seemed to be very good with a Seraph blade though.  Ben and Clary were currently sparring, and Alec and I were observing her form to see if she had improved.  Suddenly, a voice I knew all too well spoke up behind me.
"Training I see."  The voice observed.  I spun around to see my older brother, Jace, walking towards us with his signature overconfident smirk on his face.  By the Angel, I have missed him.  Even though I saw him a few hours ago, I still missed him.  I sprinted over to him and embraced him in a hug.
"I missed you."  I whispered so that only he could her me.
"I missed you too Izzy."  He replied lowly.
We separated and the twins and Clary walked over to us.
"How was it?"  Ben asked.
"Not bad.  I told Aldertree everything I knew, and he was ok with it.  He recorded everything so he can't misconstrue any of my words."  Jace told us.  "It was more like an interrogation than anything else."  He added.
"Well, I'm just glad you're back and ok."  I replied.
"So, what did I miss whilst I was gone?"  He asked curiously.  Ben, Alec, Clary, and I looked at each other.  "What?"  He asked, frowning.
"Let's just say a lot happened while you were gone."  I said.
"Have you met Jocelyn yet?"  Alec asked, her name sounding like venom on hit lips.  Like I said, he still hadn't let the fact that she tried to kill Jace go.
"Only when she tried to kill me."  Jace replied, his smirk gone.  "Although, I'm not quite sure I want to meet her."  He added.  No one argued with him on this.
"Alec?  Do you want to bring Jace up to speed on everything?  I'll come with you if you like."  Izzy offered.
"Sounds good.  Ben, can you keep working with Clary?"  Alec asked.  Ben nodded and Jace, Alec, and I headed out of the training room to talk.

JACE'S POV

We got to my room, Izzy locked the door behind us, and drew a Soundless rune on the door.  I can't believe we have to do this now if we want to talk in private.  We then all sat down on my bed.
"Ok, so what have I missed?  I mean, aside what Alec has told me."  I asked seriously, as I knew that none of it would really be light-hearted.  Izzy and Alec looked at each other with a "Who is going to tell him?" look.  That made me nervous, they only look at each other with that look if something very wrong has happened.  Alec then began to tell me the story of everything I had missed, aside from what he told me when I was staying at Magnus'.