Chapter 10

*Three Days Later*

ALEC'S POV

Jace and I were sitting either side of the bed that Ben was currently on.  Jace was asleep, but I was awake.  I was reading a book, when I heard something; a small groan came echoed from my twin's bed.  My head snapped up to look at Ben's face, whose eyebrows were now furrowed as if he were frowning.  I put my book down.
"Ben?"  I asked softly.  "Ben?  Can you hear me?"  His eyes fluttered open as soon as I finished my sentence.
"Hi big brother."  He said with an attempt of a smile, his voice croaky.  My eyes widened.
"I was so worried about you."  I replied with a smile.
"Wow, you look terrible."  He commented.  Again with the sarcastic comments!
"And you think you look any better?"  I replied sassily.  "Take a look in the mirror."  I added.  He let out what I assumed was supposed to be a laugh, but came out more as a cough.  "Would you like some water?"  I asked, my eyebrows furrowing in concern.  He nodded.  "Ok, I'll get you some.  I'll also tell Magnus that you're awake."  I added.  He gave me a confused look.  "Oh, Magnus Bane, High Warlock of Brooklyn."  I explained.  "But, more commonly known as my boyfriend."  I added, smirking at that last statement.  His eyebrows shot up and his eyes widened at the latter part of my statement.  I laughed.  "Just rest.  I'll get you some water and then I will bring you up to speed on everything.  You've missed a lot."  I told him.  Ben raised a questioning eyebrow, but didn't say anything.  I just smirked and walked out of the room.

BEN'S POV

My eyes followed my twin out of the room, before looking at my hands.  What exactly had I missed?  Clearly I had missed a lot, but I was interested in knowing precisely what.  I looked over to the opposite side of the room from where Alec was sitting to see Jace asleep on a chair.  I smiled at the sight.  I wonder if the things I have missed had anything to do with Clary?  The only thing I know about her is that she is Jace's sister.  Well, that's unexpected.  For nearly a decade, Alec, Isabelle, Max, our parents, and I have been Jace's only family and we have all treated him like our brother.  Except for Alec of course, but that's a different story.  But, if Jace has actually found his biological sister, then I am happy that he has found her.  So why did I get the feeling that Jace and Clary weren't exactly happy with that fact?  I wonder what happened?  Oh well, I guess Alec will tell me when he gets back.

ALEC'S POV

I walked out of Ben's room with a huge smile on my face to see Magnus sitting on the couch reading a book.

"Magnus?"  I said, getting his attention immediately.  He knew I would not leave my brother's side unless absolutely necessary.  He saw the smile on my face and I am pretty sure that he knew what had happened.  He put his book down, getting up and walking over to me.
"Alexander.  Let me guess, Ben is awake?"  He asked with a smile.  I brought him into a kiss.  I could tell that he was not expecting it as it took him a second to kiss back.  When we pulled away, I stared lovingly at him.
"Thank you for everything you have done for him, for me, for all of us.  Truly."  I said, meaning every word.  He smiled.
"Anything for you Alexander."  He replied.

After a few minutes of talking, I brought up the subject of Ben once again.
"If it's not too much to ask, Ben was wondering if he could have some water?"  I asked Magnus.  He smiled at me.   
"Of course not."  He replied affectionately.  "I'll go and check on him, you call your family and let them know.  Oh also, tell them they can come over tomorrow, Ben needs to rest for now."  He stated.  I nodded and got my phone out as he walked into the guest room where Ben and Jace were currently residing.  The first person I decided to call was Isabelle.  She was his sister too and he was just as close to her as I was.  I clicked her name and put the phone to my ear.  A few seconds later, I heard the voice of my little sister echo through the phone.
"Hey big bro!  What's up?  How's Ben?  I know you're at Magnus' place."
"That's why I'm calling."  I said simply.  "Ben's awake."  I added, a huge smile on my face.  I took the phone away from my ear only to hear her scream of excitement echo through the phone not even a second later.  After a few minutes of excessive yet excited screams, I am finally able to put the phone back next to my ear.
"Really?  By the Angel, really?"  She asked in excitement.
"Yes.  I would let you speak to him but he can hardly speak at the moment because his throat is dry from him using it, and he hasn't really eaten or drunk anything since he's been asleep."  I explained.
"That's fair enough."  She replied.
"Are Mum, Dad, and Max there?  Would you be able to tell them about Ben?  Also, please tell Clary as well."  I requested.
"Yeah, they are all here, and sure, I'll tell them.  When can we come and see him?"  She asked.
"Magnus said that he knows you will want to see Ben as soon as possible, but he requested no earlier than tomorrow as Ben needs rest and time to recover."  I told her.
"Ok.  Tell him that we'll be there tomorrow."  Izzy requested.
"Ok.  I'll let him know.  I'll stay the night as he's just woken up and I need to update him on everything that's going on right now.  He's been missing for over a month and he's missed a lot."  I stated.
"Agreed."  Izzy replied.  It sounded like she was smiling.
"Anyway, I have to go."  I said.  "Don't forget to tell Mum, Dad, Max, and Clary."  I reminded her.
"Don't worry, I won't."  She stated.  I could tell that she was smiling. 
"Bye Izzy." 
"Bye Alec."

ISABELLE'S POV

I was in the training room sparring with Clary when my phone went off.  I fished it out of my back packet and picked it up to see that it was Alec.  As I knew he was at Magnus' apartment, I picked up immediately.
"Hey big bro!  What's up?  How's Ben?  I know you're at Magnus' place."  I said in a single breath.
"That's why I'm calling."  He said simply.  Had something happened to Ben?  "Ben's awake."  He added.  I could hear the smile in his voice and almost see it on his face.  I couldn't stop myself.  I let out a scream of excitement, attracting the attention of several other Shadowhunters, who covered their ears, in the process.
"Really?  By the Angel, really?"  I asked in excitement.
"Yes.  I would let you speak to him but he can hardly speak at the moment because his throat is dry from him using it, and he hasn't really eaten or drunk anything since he's been asleep."  He explained.
"That's fair enough."  I replied.
"Are Mum, Dad, and Max there?  Would you be able to tell them about Ben?  Also, please tell Clary as well."  He asked.
"Yeah, they are all here, and sure, I'll tell them.  When can we come and see him?"  I asked.
"Magnus said that he knows you will want to see Ben as soon as possible, but he requested no earlier than tomorrow as Ben needs rest and time to recover."  He told me.
"Ok.  Tell him that we'll be there tomorrow."  I requested.
"Ok.  I'll let him know.  I'll stay the night as he's just woken up and I need to update him on everything that's going on right now.  He's been missing for over a month and he's missed a lot."  Alec stated.
"Agreed."  I said, amusement in my voice.
"Anyway, I have to go.  Don't forget to tell Mum, Dad, Max, and Clary."  Alec reminded me.
"Don't worry, I won't."  I stated with a smile. 
"Bye Izzy."
"Bye Alec."  After I hung up, Clary was smiling at me.
"You're brother's awake I'm guessing?"  She asked.
"Yeah.  How could you tell?"  I asked, a slight smirk on my face.
"Your reaction."  She replied simply.
"I need to go and find my parents and Max to tell them.  You can tag along if you like."  I offered.  She smiled and nodded at my offer.

ALEC'S POV

I walked back into Ben's room to see Jace helping Ben drink some water, and Magnus using some of his magic to ease Ben's pain.  When he saw me walk in, Magnus sat back as he looked like he had finished.
"I'll come back later and check on you ok Ben?"  Magnus said, before walking out of the room, pressing a kiss to my cheek as he walked past me.  I smiled as he did so.  I then looked at Jace and Ben to see that they were both smirking at me.  I rolled my eyes and went to sit down next to Ben.
"So, are you going to tell me what I missed?"  Ben asked me as I sat down.
"Has Jace told you anything?"  I asked.
"No, he said that you'd explain everything."  He replied.  I looked at Jace with a smile.
"It all started when a girl named Clary Fray, who you have already met, came into our lives."  I began.  With that, I began my long explanation of everything Ben had missed whilst he was gone.

BEN'S POV

By the end of Alec's story, I am pretty sure I looked like a goldfish, since my eyes were wide and my mouth was hanging open.  Wow, I really have missed a lot.  There were several things I couldn't believe, but I knew were true, as I knew that Alec would never lie to me. 
"It seems like I have missed quite a bit."  I stated.
"Oh yeah, you did."  Alec replied bluntly.  I gave him a look that sarcastically said "really?"  He just chuckled.  "I'm just glad you're back."  He added.
"Me too Alec, me too."  I replied.