Chapter 47

*Two days later*

ISABELLE'S POV

So much has happened over the past few days. Aldertree has been sent back to Idris, so at least that's one piece of drama out of the way. However, that drama has been replaced with Inquisitor Herondale. She arrived yesterday and has been torturing Valentine ever since in an attempt to get the location of the Mortal Cup to absolutely no avail, and we haven't been able to capture the Greater Demon yet. I decided to go for a walk to clear my head from the drama going on at the Institute.

I was so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't realize where I was until I heard a voice.
"What are you doing here Shadowhunter?" I heard a female voice sneer. My head, and attention, snapped towards the voice only to see that I had run into multiple vampires. Shit.
"I was going for a walk." I said simply. "What are you doing here?" I asked.
"Our den is a block away. This is our territory." The female vampire stated.
"I didn't realize where I was." I told them honestly. She then looked around at her fellow vampires.
"Well, now that you're here, let's not let your presence go to waste. I hear Shadowhunter blood is...heavenly." She said. The rest of the vamps smirked and licked their lips. I got out my seraph blade and activated it, getting in a fighting stance in order to protect myself. Oh how I wish I had brought someone with me. A second later, they attacked.

Somehow, I had fought them off for the most part, but I was yet to really injure any of them. Suddenly, I saw someone with blond hair and what looked like a seraph blade racing towards me. I focused back on the task at hand. Before I could get a good punch in, the blond had taken over. In a matter of seconds, he took the remaining vamps down. My eyes widened and I looked at him in shock. What took me nearly 5 minutes, took him less than 10 seconds. The alley that we stood in was now silent except for our breathing. He turned around and I was faced with someone who I had never seen before.
"Are you alright?" He asked.
"I'm fine." I replied. "Who are you?" I asked. I'd never seen him before at the Institute, but I can tell that he is a Shadowhunter and that he has been trained.
"I'm a Shadowhunter. My name's Sebastian." He replied. "Come on, let's get you some place safe. Come on, I'll take you to my place. It's not far." He said. I nodded and we both headed back to his place.
"I'm Isabelle." I introduced myself. "How did you find me?" I asked curiously. I'd never seen him before and was curious as to how he had come to find me.
"I was out killing some demons and I heard a fight. I came to investigate and saw you fighting the vamps." He told me.
"Well, thank you for your help. If you didn't arrive when you did, I don't know what would have happened." I replied.
"It's no problem." He replied with a smile.
"I've never seen you at the Institute." I said to him, more of a statement than a question.
"That's 'cause I'm not from around here. I'm from the London Institute." He replied.
"So, why aren't you in London with your Institute?" I asked curiously.
"I had to kick my Yin Fen addiction, and let's just say that London wasn't the best place to do that. So, I um I took matters into my own hands. I left, and I found my way to New York." He told me. Interesting.
"You went AWOL?" I asked, I asked, a smile appearing on my face.
"I like to think of it more like a walkabout, but the good news is, I was successful."
"Thank you so much for saving me from those vampires. I should probably get going."
"Would you like to stay for dinner? I'm making soup." He offered.
"I probably should get back to my Institute. You are welcome to come with me if you like." I offered.
"Ok. While I cook, how about you call your Institute to let them know you're ok."
"Yeah, I have been gone a while and my brothers will probably start worrying soon or they will already be worrying." I replied. I picked up my phone and saw that I already had 4 missed calls from Ben, 6 from Alec, and even 1 from Jace. Wow. Has something happened? I tapped Alec's name and put the phone to my ear.
"Izzy! Oh, thank the Angel." Alec said. I could hear the overwhelming relief in his tone.
"I'm ok. Sorry I left without telling anyone. I just needed to get away from the drama for a little while." I said.
"A little while? No one's seen you in over three hours! You haven't been answering your phone, and Ben, Jace, Clary, and I were worried." Alec exclaimed. "Thank the Angel you're alive." He added.
"Of course I'm alive. Why wouldn't I be?" I asked curiously. I've gone for walks before and he's never been this worried.
"There was another greater demon attack, and I was worried something had happened to you." He replied urgently. Another attack?
"I'm so sorry. I should have called you." I apologized.
"I'm just glad you're ok. I just I want you back home. Safe." He said.
"I'm safe. I promise, I'm in a safe place. I'm having dinner with a friend and I'll be home soon." I replied, trying to ease his mind. "I love you, Alec." I added.
"I love you, too." He replied. I could hear the smile and love in his tone.
"I'll be home soon." I said before hanging up and turning my attention back to Sebastian, who was currently preparing dinner.

SEBASTIAN'S POV

"Safe place" huh? Safe is definitely not a word I would use around me. One thing I am not is safe. But they don't need to know that...yet...