Chapter Twenty-Three

The night isn't what they both expected. Aronica never thought that she would be joking and laughing along with a girl she barely knew, Deanne never knew that she would end up telling her secrets to a girl who she rarely talk to. They aren't something even a person could expect to be friends overnight, judging by the short number of times they met.

But as they say, judging isn't always the answer.

"You know, I always thought that boys could grow their dick back if they lost it" Deanne was now having a small part of the blanket as she handed it more to Aronica, ignoring the coldness.

"I know right, my young subconscious says that their dick might fall of during a really hard sex" Aronica can't even remember how their conversation ends up with this subject, a very disgusting and weird subject. All she could recall was talking about the beautiful beaches in San Diego, how a pinky teal was Deanne's favorite bikini color, or when Aronica tripped over a rock when she saw a crab walking over at the age of nine. They were all about memories until dicks came through.

"That is weirder. How in the world did you even know about sex at that age? I only found out when I was thirteen, at that time, my babysitter- which was my cousin's friend- got high as fuck and told me all about sex. Like, details. Pretty sure I lost all my innocence from her. My mom never hired her again" she said with a disgusted look on her face. Aronica laughed and could only imagine Deanne's teenage self-asking her mom to confirm if what that lady said was true, only for her mom to have a horrific expression.

"I don't know, maybe someone spilled it to me" she shrugged.

"Yeah, spilled" she snorted.

"Shut up, I didn't had the details like yours. It was...undetailed" she blushed.

"Sure, whatever. I'm sure it's like one am now but my eyes are still wide awake, however I think you need that rest. Your face is always pale and look at the dark circles under your eyes. You sure things are good at home?" she looked over at Aronica, worry swimming around in her eyes. She wasn't that bad. She had a nice studio to stay in, comfortable bed with thick blankets and puffed pillows, a heater set ready every winter and ingredients for cooking. She had all the necessary things a person could want and the least she could do was look after a friend.

"Yeah bitch, I'm sure" she laughed.

"And here I sit, thinking you don't curse" she playfully nudged her arm for the third time in the night, laughing along.

"Nope, don't judge people first" and she meant it. Deanne might be thinking that she's living a life with normality and happiness, equivalent colors surrounding her and trees giving her path to walk. Nothing like that existed in her life, only for once when she realized the love her parents had for her.

"Hey, have you ever lost someone in not the death way, but the I-never-saw-you again way?" Deanne asked. Aronica didn't understand her at first but then she did, having the first person popping in her mind.

"Yeah"

"Oh, was it a she?" she asked.

"Yeah" Aronica nodded, looking up to see the moon shining brighter as the night goes darker. She missed Olivia a lot, as not even one day did she forget about her.

"She was my companion when I was at the orphanage, I'm adopted actually. My real parents died and then I got sent there when I was only three months old. Her name was Olivia and she was the first girl who took care of me as I turned four. Said that she lost her family and started to work there for me. She loved me a lot until one day she got kicked away and I barely saw her since then" she said, having the memories flooding back. Her goodnight kisses, her late night strawberries, her butterfly catch every morning, her doll role-play and her love. All was there inside her memory, sensing it come to life.

"I'm sorry, maybe I can search her up you know? I have a friend who's a massive stalker and a hacker so I can ask her to search her up" she offered.

"Oh no, you can't let someone waste their time on searching a person I barely remember"

"No, I know you do remember. Now meet me tomorrow and I'll bring my friend over okay? Same place. Now let us go home, you need sleep" she stood up and waved her goodbye after hugging her tightly. She walked away leaving the blanket with Aronica.

"Wait, your blanket!" she almost ran over to her but was then stopped.

"No, you can keep it!" Deanne shouted back with her smile widening and then turned away, heading to her direction that leads to her destination.

"Oh my god I just got a friend!" She squealed, jumping in joy and pressing the fabric close to her chest.

She felt joy.

--

--

--

A/N

Sorry I didn't update yesterday, got caught up with a few stuff :) forgive meeeee