Chapter Five

He called out his father's name once more, trying to get a hold of the signal. The line didn't disappear or is cut off, while his head was clouded with thought of what happened. He needed at least a hi from him, a single answer but cries were the only replies. He hated the sound of shattering and screams since he had heard it enough when young. He wanted soft words and compliments, and small pecks on his forehead. And all he got was, loneliness.

"Josh I'm leaving" Harry said, as he picks up his grey torn bag and slung it over his shoulder. His hair had been messed up from the times he ran his hand through, with his black long sleeved shirt wrinkled as he used it for wiping his sweaty forehead. His duty finishes at nine pm, a time where customers rarely comes however Josh ends an hour later. At times like this Harry really loves as he could leave the shop to someone rather than closing it and staying there by himself. He has this phobia of being alone in the dark.

Harry wasn't those cool, swag type of boys. He's not those sports type either. Just one lonely boy who begs for companion but doesn't know how to get.

He gently close the door, looking around him with a result of emptiness except a cat that was on the outline of a huge dumpster. He knew this little cat. He saw it every night after his work, always wondering how could anyone not own it as of its cuteness and the fact it's cuddly. But not to mention the dirtiness of it.

He didn't smile, which was a normal thing but just walked along the path, taking in the view of huge mansions and villas. He lived in a rich neighborhood, full of friendly people, and nice pets, but the fact he stays in a small basement of a shop never fits the idea of living there. Harry wanted to live there, in those huge mansion and when as a kid, he couldn't remember if he lived in big houses or was born in the orphanage. He was curious of everything except his family. He still remembers his old surname though, who was his siblings, and how his parents looks. Except that he never met them since his departure.

He knew about his sister Gemma, the only family who loved him more than anything else. He remembers his father who was always having a frown on his face, with his brown hair combed downwards. And his mother who always had this bird silver necklace around her thin neck that rested on her collarbone. Her brown medium hair that was frequently pulled to a lazy bun. He still remembers the small little things about them, which he somehow liked but not too.

Harry blew an air out of his mouth, shaking his head slightly of the bad memories that was placed in an upright position in his messed up head. He could only think of what dinner is he going to eat, or how his position of sleeping would be. His head kept telling him to buy donuts, but his heart said don't eat as his money is limited. He craved for donuts, moreover, pizzas, but as people would say, follow your mind, more than your heart.

And so he did.

His thin legs soon grow tired on his way towards his house, but he didn't care since calling a taxi would make it worse as his money would decrease. He didn't need the money for education, but to survive on his own for the reason his father left without a single dollar.

Harry wanted to smile as he sees his house coming to view but something stopped him to. Something held back his smile. Which he was frustrated about.

No one ever saw him smile, other than his family, and his non biological father. Nobody in this town ever realized whether he even didn't frown. He wanted to be noticed but somehow luck wasn't giving him a way.

He slowly walked down the stairs, unlocking the wooden door before shutting it once he's inside. He didn't bother taking out the rat that lived under his small show rack since more would just come. He fed it leftover cheese every time he buys burger, but not today since dinner is skipped.