Make It Work (Part 2)

***J. Cabello Residence, West Hollywood, CA 2AM***

Camila laid on her bed, phone next to her waiting for the green-eyed girl to arrive. She was relieved when her phone started vibrating earlier and it was the older brunette calling. It took her a few seconds to answer only because she was incredulous; she didn't think Lauren would contact her anytime soon after slamming the door in her face, let alone the same night. After having some time to think to herself, she knew she had slightly overreacted. She shouldn’t have jumped the gun so quickly, but it was tough for her watching someone else ALL OVER the green-eyed girl, especially after what had happened. The younger brunette was more than happy to see Lauren’s name on her phone’s screen; it warmed her heart knowing that the fair skin girl she loved so much was on her way to see HER. She wasn't exactly sure why Lauren had called OR why she wanted to come over but she didn't care; she just wanted the green-eyed girl there, with her. Camila exhaled as she closed her eyes, letting her mind wander.

***Flashback 8 3/4 Years Ago***

Both girls were back in Miami, Florida spending time with each of their families during their holiday break. It was winter season and the weather had been cruel, causing a pretty bad outbreak of the cold. Lauren had been trying to see Camila for the last three days, concerned about the brown-eyed girl’s current state, but the younger girl was NOT having it. She had a bad case of the cold and didn’t want Lauren seeing her at all looking the way she did.

~RING-RING-RING~

“Hey Lauren.” Jason answered Camila’s phone.

“Hey, where’s Camz? How’s she doing?” her husky voice was worried.

“She’s in bed, just trying to get rested.”

Lauren’s heart ached at the thought of Camila being sick and she just wanted to be with her, she wanted to take care of her. “This is dumb Jason, I should be there!” She said in frustration.

“She doesn’t want you getting sick.”

NOOOOO, she doesn’t want me seeing her sick, there’s a difference.” She spat, still frustrated. “Look, maybe I should come over?” It wasn’t really a question, but Jason didn’t know that, Lauren already had her jacket and keys in hand ready to go.

“It’s one in the morning Lauren, just go to sleep.” He hung up the phone.

~KNOCK-KNOCK-KNOCK~

~KNOCK-KNOCK-KNOCK~

Jason opened the door and before he could say anything the porcelain skin girl pushed him out of her way, walked right past him and up the stairs. "Laur! Mila doesn’t want any visito---"

The brunette waved him off, "I don't care if she WANTS me here or NOT." She paused on a step, turning her intense green-gray eyes to meet his before proceeding up the stairs and into the younger brunette's room.