One Step At A Time

***Jauregui Residence, Malibu CA 10AM***

Dylan sat on the bed, watching his best friend in amusement as she paced back and forth from her walk-in closet to her full-length mirror. She must have tried on ten different outfits, but tossed them all to the side, none of them satisfactory.

"What about this one?" The green-eyed beauty turned to her best friend as she held up a blouse.

"Hmm..." His eyebrows furrowed.

"'Hmm?'" Her eyes wide, "ugh, you hate it!" She tossed the blouse to the side.

This is TOO HARD, I'm NEVER gonna find the perfect outfit.

"Being a woman is WAAAAYYYY to complicated sometimes." She sighed making her way back into her closet.

"Sometimes?" Dylan shot back, "come on Lauren, just pick an outfit! You promised me breakfast!"

"And I will make good on my promise," she popped her head out of the closet, making eye contact with her best friend. "We'll go to the pancake house okay?"

"Yesssss!" His voice reflecting happiness as he watched her head disappear once again. "So what time is your date tonight?"

The porcelain skin girl walked out with a couple more outfits in hand, tossing them on the chair next to the mirror. "Umm, I'm picking her up around 7pm." She answered looking at her reflection, clearly nervous.

Dylan began to chuckle, "WHAT?" She glared at him from the mirror.

"I've just,” he paused to think, “lets just say it's been awhile since I've seen you THIS nervous for a date." He laughed slapping his leg.

"I'm glad you find my nervousness comical, NOT...dick!" They both began to laugh.

"You know what's funny?" He perked an eyebrow at her.

"No...what?"

"It's STILL Camila," he chuckled shaking his head back and forth.

***Flashback 9 Years Ago***

Lauren was back in Miami for a few days since Fifth Harmony had some time off in between performances and their recordings. She jogged around her neighborhood, which was something she loved to do since she could remember. Running gave her time to herself; time to clear her head.

The brunette must have ran six miles before making her way to her best friends house.

~CLANK-CLANK-CLANK~

She threw pebbles at her best friend's window; she needed to talk.