Broken

***Two Weeks Later, Cabello Residence, Newport Coast, CA***

It was a beautiful day in Southern California. It must have been between seventy-three to seventy-eight degrees with a mild coastal breeze; it was perfect.

Camila sat with her legs crossed on her patio furniture that surrounded a table on her balcony as she wrote in her journal, admiring the ocean view in front of her.  Writing was the only thing that helped her express her emotions besides actually singing. She was devastated when she found out that Lauren had slept with someone else and to make things worse, she found out from the tabloids. Yes, they weren't officially together, but the younger brunette thought they were heading in that direction and now everything is broken and she doesn't know if it can be fixed. She hasn't taken any phone calls, texts, or any sort of communication from the green-eyed beauty. Lauren had tried everything and anything, but Camila denied all contact; her brain wanted nothing to do with her, but her heart, her heart was another story.

Out of sight out of mind; come on heart, get with the program!

She thought to herself as she exhaled.

Camila felt betrayed, angry, hurt. The thought of Lauren being with someone else made her cringe, but even worse broke her heart. The younger brunette would sporadically burst into tears the last two weeks; not wanting to see or speak with anyone. It was a constant battle for her, choosing between what her mind was telling her and what her heart kept whispering. Yes, she was in pain but it didn't change the fact that she was still very much in love with the porcelain-skinned girl. Lauren was finally back in her life and then she does THIS! It was as if the pieces were coming together and she decided to throw it all away; Camila didn't know what to do. She was torn.

Camila closed her eyes; her face tilted towards the sun, letting the warmth it radiated caress her skin. “Hey cousin.” Her eyes opened as she heard the familiar voice; a faint smile spread across her face as Jason walked through the living room and out onto the balcony.

“Hi Jay.” She stood up to give him a hug.

“I see Lauren is still apologizing,” his eyes widened as he gestured towards Camila’s living room filled with flowers, teddy bears, cards, sweets, pretty much anything and everything a person could think of to send; it was piling up in her living room. “As she should be.”

Camila turned her eyes towards the ocean as she let out a sigh. She was hurting; even at the mention of the older brunette’s name; it tugged at her heartstrings.

Tears began to form as she closed her eyes shut, willing them to go away.

Not right now, not today, please don’t cry today.

“Mila, you okay?” She felt a hand rubbing her shoulder.

“Yeah.” She quickly got up and wiped the tear that fell. “I’m fine.”

She knew her cousin could see right through her. “It’s okay if you’re not fine Camila.” He said shooting her a concerned look.