Realize

The drive to the venue was silent. Camila had so many unanswered questions lingering on her mind and in her heart. Did she want to know the answers; to be truthful, she wasn’t sure yet. She contemplated whether or not telling Lauren that she was still in love with her was the right move, knowing she was with someone else, but she knew she couldn’t change that now. Being with Lauren after all these years triggered feelings for the green-eyed girl that she’s always had and it has full on surfaced. The thought of Lauren not feeling the same way, it absolutely terrified the younger girl.

***House of Blues, Los Angeles, CA***

The show had already started as Camila and Lauren entered backstage. The loud music invading their ears as they looked around. Jason was behind the control panels as always and Dylan was nowhere to be found. Jason and Dylan’s new band on stage had more of a rock-pop feel to them and their sound was pretty good.

“Hey Laur, come I wanna show you something really quick.” Dylan said as he quickly approached her with an awkward look that Lauren noticed.

“Um, alright, but I kinda wanna listen to YOUR band, which is why we’re here.” Lauren replied with confusion written on her face.

Dylan kept tilting his head as he scrunched his eyebrows with wide eyes trying to get Lauren to follow him.

HI Dylan.” Camila said trying to get his attention, as he had not acknowledged her presence.

“Hey, Mila! Sorry,” He said apologetically as he turned once again towards Lauren.

“Laur, I really think you should come to the dressi---” Dylan didn’t have time to finish his sentence.

Amber came running from the back room, “Baaabbbyyyyy!” She said as she threw her arms around Lauren and leaned in for a kiss, complete taking her by surprise.

Lauren broke the kiss quickly, looking past Amber to Camila. Bright brown eyes broken, holding back tears.

Lauren shot Dylan the WHAT THE FUCK? Look.

He winced back at her and it finally clicked in her head, why he was so adamant about her going to the dressing room.

“Wha, what, what are you doing here?” Lauren asked shocked as she took a step back

“I came to surprise you, I couldn’t wait another week!” She said as she grabbed both of Lauren’s hands.

“Yeah, that’s great,” Lauren said trying to sound happy, her eyes drifting from Amber’s, past her to sad brown eyes and back to Amber.

Amber linked her arm to Lauren’s and turned towards the stage where Camila was standing close to the curtains, still staring at the two of them.