1.19

"So who was he?" Park Soo Mi said, standing in the hallway behind Misun.

Misun gaped at her mother who was supposed to be still out of town.

"Mom? You're supposed to be out of town!" Is all Misun could say.

"I had got three days off so my boss offered to fly me back and forth to visit you for the weekend. I was going to surprise you, but now I'm the one who is surprised. Now who was he?" Misun's mother said, her voice scarily calm.

"Um. Well, his name is Min Yoongi and he's in the same group as Namjoon. He goes to my school," Misun shyly said.

"And why, pray tell, was he in my house and kissing you goodbye?" Soo Mi asked her daughter.

"Well.. he um.. We um.. I like him. A lot," Misun said, looking down at her feet. Misun heard her mother sigh and begin to walk towards her.

"Where is Ki?" She asked. Misun's eyes widened and she quickly thought of a reason that he would be gone.

"His mother got sick so I told him to take the night off to go visit her. I was going to tell you tomorrow but-"

"You were going to stay home for the night all by yourself?" She yelled. Misun flinched at the tone of her voice.

"I thought it was more important for Ki to go be with his mom. We have security and I can lock my bedroom door. I was going to tell you I swear," Misun protested.

"Go to your room. You are on probation until further notice. You will be dropped off at school and picked up right after and you will go to rehearsals. Other than that you will do nothing. I will have you do chores for Ki until you learn your lesson about going behind my back. I'm so disappointed in you Misun. I thought I raised you better," Park Soo Mi said.

"You didn't raise me, though," Misun mumbled to herself.

"What did you say?" Her mother asked.

"I said you didn't even raise me though. You haven't raised me. I was raised by a string of nannies and babysitters while you were at work. Also, Big Hit offered me a job. They want me to be a dance coach at their studio and be a traveling dance coach with one of their boy groups that is about to debut. I'd like to accept the job. I have a contract coming my way from PD Nim. I'd like you to read it before I sign but I want. That. Job," Misun said, speaking bolder to her mother than she ever had.

"Misun! How dare you speak to me that way. Is it that boy? He's making you act like this. It's his band, isn't it. You will absolutely not be taking that job. In fact, I'm finding a new studio for you to practice at," Misun's mother screeched.

"My birthday is in a week. I'll be eighteen then and I can do what I want and there's nothing you can do to stop me. All I'd have to do is move out, right?" Misun asked. A look of shock and hurt crossed over Soo Mi's face before her lips settled into a straight line.

"That's right. If you were to move out then you could do whatever you wanted. But you won't move out. You'd have nowhere to go," She answered. Misun ignored her and left, heading up to her room. As soon as she was locked in she grabbed her phone and called Rapmon. He answered quickly.

"Hello? Is something wrong? Is Yoongi still with you? Did he do something? I swear-"

"I'm fine, Namjoon. I just have a question. If I were to take the job at Big Hit would it be possible for me to live in the staff dorms?" Misun asked.

"Why? What happened? Did something happen with your mom? Do you need to come here?" Rapmon asked, full of concern for his friend.

"My mom came home for the weekend to surprise me and got home when Yoongi was leaving. She flipped out and told me I wasn't allowed to do anything ever again, but I turn 18 in a week so if I can move out and into the staff dorms that'd be ideal because I really want the job that PD Nim offered me. I'm afraid my mom is going to tell him not to take me on, though," Misun explained. Rapmon was quiet for a moment before he spoke again.

"You should call PD Nim. You have his number, right? Call me back afterwards, ok?" Rapmon asked. Misun agreed and hung up and dialed PD Nim. It rang a few times before he answered.

"Hello. This is PD Nim from Big Hit," He said.

"Hello, Mr. PD Nim. It's Park Misun. I had a few questions for you. I ran them by Rap Monster and he said that I should call you," Misun said.

"Oh! Hello dear! Of course I can answer anything for you. What seems to be the trouble?" He asked cheerfully.

"If I were to take the job with you, would I have the ability to move into the staff dorms? Also would you be willing to cover my last year of schooling next year?" She asked. He was silent for a moment before answering.

"You would have the option of moving into the staff dorms, yes. But why would you? Don't you live in a lovely home with your mother not too far away?" He asked. Misun sighed before speaking again.

"I'd like to move out. I turn 18 next week and that's also the soonest that I'd be able to sign a contract. I hope that isn't an issue?" Misun asked.

"Is something going on at home, Miss Park? I'm sorry if that's an inappropriate question, but I'd like to make sure you're ok," PD Nim said, his voice softening.

"My mother and I are not on good terms right now and I'm afraid we won't be for a while. I'd like to move out, at least for a short while. If it's ok with you I'd like to sign your contract next week when I turn 18. Also, I have a practice that's scheduled for Saturday morning that my mother might try to call and cancel. Please don't let her. I'd like to use that time to meet with you and discuss my contract. I understand if you can't, but it'd really help me," Misun finished.

"Miss Park, are you sure you're doing the right thing?" PD Nim asked. She smiled to herself before answering,

"I've never been so sure of anything in my life." Misun answered.

PD Nim promised that he'd make sure she kept her rehearsal time on saturday and they hung up. Misun quickly called Rapmon back.

"What did he say?" Rapmon asked, answering as soon as is started ringing.

"He said that I could move into the dorms and that we are going to finalize the contract on saturday so that I can sign it on my birthday on Wednesday. Hopefully I can ask him if I can move in the same day," Misun answered. She heard someone shouting in the background before she heard Rapmon whisper,

"Yoongi's home. Do you want me to tell him or will you at school tomorrow," He asked. Misun thought for a moment before deciding.

"You can tell him. Actually, call him in and put the phone on speaker," Misun answered. She heard Rapmon yelling before he spoke directly to her again.

"You're on speaker, Yoongi and Jin are here," He said. Misun hesitated for a moment before deciding she was comfortable telling Jin.

"Well, my mom came home for the weekend to surprise me and got home when Yoongi was leaving. She waited until you were out of the house but she flipped out and told me I wasn't allowed to do anything ever again, but I turn 18 in a week so I can move out and into the staff dorms. I'm going to finalize my contract on saturday and then sign on my birthday on Wednesday and hopefully move in the same day," Misun said. The line was silent for a moment before something slammed.

"Yoongi is gone," Rapmon whispered. Misun nodded though she knew they couldn't see her.

"Don't worry, Misun. We are all here to support you. I'm sure Yoongi feels like this is his fault somehow. I'll talk to him before he does something stupid. See you tomorrow at school," Jin said. She said goodbye to him and the line was silent again.

"That went well," Misun scoffed. She heard Rapmon chuckle.

"He'll come around. Like Jin said, he's probably blaming himself. He should be cooled down by tomorrow morning. Don't stress too much about it, ok? Call me if you need anything. I'll leave my ringer on at all times so don't hesitate to call me, ok?" Rapmon asked. Misun miserably agreed before hanging up. She shoved her books off of her bed and climbed in before starting to cry. That night she cried herself to sleep.