1.12

"Sorry," he mumbled, pulling with less force. The two put their shoes back on and began the short walk to Big Hit's trainee dorms.

Misun followed Suga into their dorm and was surprised by how not messy it was. You'd think with several boys in one apartment it'd be trashed, but it was actually nearly spotless.

"Suga? Is that you?" Rapmon yelled out from one of the rooms down the hallway that Misun and Suga were standing in.

"Yeah its me! I brought Misun so that she could eat with us," He called back, walking down the hallway. Misun shyly followed Suga until he reached his room.

"I'm going to change. That's Rapmon's room," He said, pointing at the door across the hall from his before shutting his door. Misun slowly walked to the open door and knocked to let Rapmon know she was there. He turned around at the noise and a smile spread on his lips.

"Misun! Whatsup?" He asked, turning his chair to face her. She glanced around his room and noticed that it was in pristine order.

"Suga invited me over for dinner since Ki is away," she said. Rapmon nodded and gestured to his bed, offering Misun a place to sit. She smiled thankfully and sat tentatively on his neatly made bed.

"Yo, you know that like BTS is a thing and I'm sure Suga told you about Agust D," Rapmon spoke, looking to Misun for confirmation. She nodded and he continued,

"Well he let me hear a few of his tracks and it got me thinking. I know I'm a trainee and about to debut as the leader of a group and all but as soon as we debut we are going to be sorted into genre. Fuck that, I just want to make music, you know? I've been writing a lot recently and I want to try to put together and produce a mix tape on my own. I know it will be a long time before I'll actually release anything but I think I've got a few good verses out of what I've been writing. I just can't decide what's good and what's not objectively. Suga has been helping me organize my crazy thoughts and giving me some pointers but I really want to have this mixtape be me."

"That sounds awesome, Rapmon! I really like rap music so I look forward to being your number one fan when your music is released," Misun said, smiling at her friend.

"You really like rap?" Rapmon asked, looking at the girl next to him in surprise. She nodded and he leaned back in his chair.

"Huh, never took you for the type. I guess that goes to show anyone can appreciate good music," He said, returning his focus to the notebook in front of him.

"Want to read through this really fast? I was on a roll now I'm stuck and can't figure out where to go. There's some English in there so if you need translation let me know," Rapmon said, handing Misun the notebook. She looked down at his scrawled handwriting and began to read.

"This is awesome, Rapmon. It's totally got a 'you do you' or 'do the fuck you want' kind of vibe," Misun said after reading through the powerful lyrics. His eyes widened and he grabbed the notebook out of her hands.

"Misun you're a fucking genius," he muttered, quickly scribbling something down. She watched as his brows furrowed in concentration as he quickly wrote.

"I swear Misun I could kiss you right now," He said, putting his pen back down on his desk.

"Yah? Who is kissing who in here?" Suga said, strolling into Rapmons room in sweats and a black t-shirt. He sat down next to Misun and put a protective arm around her shoulders.

"Chill man, I'm not actually kissing her. She just gave me a dope idea for the verse that I was stuck on. What do you think," he asked, passing Suga the notebook to read. His eyebrows scrunched in concentration as he scanned the page.

"The lyrics are powerful. Do you have any ideas for a backbeat yet?" Suga said, handing the notebook back.

"Yeah, actually. I built something earlier," Rapmon said, turning to his computer screen. He clicked a few things before turning up the speakers. A quick tempoed beat with what sounded like spray paint cans as accents flowed through the speaker.

"Give us a taste," Suga said, gesturing to the notebook. Rapmon nodded and let himself get lost in the rhythm before opening his mouth,

"I hate self-help books more than anything in the world

bullshit telling us to do this or that

they have no backbone and believe other's words

so that bullshit is a best seller

what do those guys know about you

your dreams your hobbies, can they understand?

if you look less at wits, there are a lot of things that change

you were born as a hero, why are you trying to become a slave?

"because it hurts, it's youth"

that kind of definition is the biggest problem

in life a genre is a trap, just like music

because you become an idiot as soon as you're tied down there

fuck that. you the only one ever

even if you're not perfect you're limited edition, leggo

anyway someone wants you

so just do you"

"Dude that's so rad," Misun said after he finished and stopped the beat. Rapmon laughed at her comment before thanking her for the inspiration for the last few lines.

"I know you're still writing but I feel like with the tempo you could really go for a slower chorus. Maybe something not too heavy on words that would repeat a few times," Suga said. He removed his arm from Misun's shoulder and scooted back so he could lean against the wall behind Rapmon's bed.

"I was actually thinking of just repeating 'do you' and adding in in the background a quote from the lovely Misun earlier, 'do the fuck you want,'" Rapmon said, closing his notebook and setting it aside.

"You said 'do the fuck you want?' Such language for a lady," Suga teased, poking Misun. She just laughed and nodded her head.

"No flirting in my room, you two," Rapmon teased. Misun was going to speak when she felt herself being pulled back to Suga. He quickly grabbed her face and put his thumbs over her lips, pretending to aggressively make out with her. Misun couldn't help but find Rapmon's shout amusing so she went along with it and tangled her hands into Suga's hair.

"I swear to god you two," Rapmon said, getting up and grabbing Suga by the shoulders and pulling him back. He noticed the thumbs over Misun's lips and let out a sarcastic laugh.

"Ha ha so funny with the fake kiss. I already know that you two actually made out earlier so no need to try and be smart," he said, smacking Suga on the forehead lightly.

"Yah! How'd you know," Suga said, helping Misun sit back up.

"I didn't actually, but you just confirmed it," Rapmon said. Suga glared at him in annoyance and rubbed the spot on his forehead that Rapmon had struck. The trio heard a knock on the front door and Rapmon and Suga looked at each other. Only PD Nim knocks on the door before entering.