Chapter 13: Visiting

Start from the beginning

Jaehyun gave a smile. "No... it's okay. We're all happy to know Jiwoo too."

He absolutely was.

"That's good," Boram chimed in delight. "Jiwoo is like my little sister, I just want her to be happy finally and move on. So I hope you can help her as much as you can."

"I will."

The drive didn't seem that much longer to Jaehyun. They arrived to a decently big two story house in a spacious, nice neighborhood, the lights dim inside. Just to think that this was the place Jiwoo lived most of her life made the boy kind of more anxious than he should.

Once stirring the sleeping back seaters awake, the six of them hopped out the car and approached the front door. Now getting a better look, Seokju looked even worse than in the car. He looked pale, the nervousness and concern etched across his face because this was his uncle. Sometimes, it's still bewildering to Jaehyun to remember that they're all related. Of course he's upset of what had happened, who knew what kind of close relationship Seokju could have had with Jiwoo's father...

"It'll be okay, Seokju. He's inside and fine, so let's go see him," Boram reassured the man, clutching onto his arm to comfort him.

From his pocket, he fished out keys that must've been for the house. With a simple twist, the front door was unlocked. The two older adults entered first, the last four cautiously following after into the unfamiliar place.

The hallways seemed too dark.

"Hello?" Seokju called out into the seemingly empty house. "I'm here!" They all reached, what the new visitors have guessed, was the living room area of the house. "Hello--"

"SURPRISE!"

The lights shot on, the sudden brightness blinding the six. Streamers and confetti popped into the air and cheers were shouted, much to the arrivers' massive surprise... well, besides one.

Happy... birthday?

"Wait..." Seokju frowned at the sight of his full family in front of him. Boram swerved towards him, placing a quick kiss to his cheek and placing a party hat over his tousled brown hair. "Uncle?..."

"Seokju, seriously, we play a this kind of joke every damn year," an even older man, clad in a Star Wars sweatshirt and shorts, chortled from the corner of the room. "You seem to forget it every time."

"As to why we keep doing it just to see how long it'll be until it finally gets engraved into your brain," a hazel-haired man, possibly a little younger than Seokju, replied, a shake of his head to show his disappointment for the SM producer.

"And oh? We have more people, I see?" A woman just besides that man pointed out with a raised brow. Her arms were crossed as she locked eyes onto each of the four strangers, instantly sending each of them into an uncomfortable state. It was like she was deciding their ill fate with the intense gaze she held.

"Eh? Jiwoo, they're part of NCT, aren't they?" Another male, much more their age, asked turning towards the very girl.

The girl who looked like she had seen ghosts with the way her mouth was agape and her eyes bulged.

"What are you guys doing here?" Jiwoo asked, bewildered beyond belief, her eyes darting at each of her friends. She finally looked at Seokju's girlfriend, who had been in on the joke the whole time. Surely, she'll have an explanation. "Unnie?"

"They just happened to find out about your "dad" thing, and they insisted on coming," Boram simply answered with a shrug and a pleased grin. "Who am I to decline when they're so worried about you?"