chapter 35

"Where are you going?" Anthony asked once he saw Riley in a nice attire. "a gallery opening" Riley simply answered. "What? you mean the new artist one?" Anthony asked. "You mean my best friends one? Yes that one" Riley turned on her heels. "Oh I'm coming" Anthony quickly took a nice vest. "No you're not." Riley pushed him on the couch so he'd stay seated. "Riley, I'm your boyfriend. Isn't it normal that I'm coming along?" Anthony asked. "Not if you're uninvited. Invites were send months before Maya knew about us." Riley explained. "Is he gonna be there?" Riley fronwed at his question. "Who?" She asked. "Lucas of course" Riley bit her lip while looking at her reflection. The sound of his name made her heart jump. "Yes, He's a friend of Maya's" Riley mumbled. "Then i don't want you to go" Anthony stated crossing his arms. "Why don't you trust me?" Riley asked pissed off. "It's not you i don't trust, it's him." Riley sighed and shook her head. "You're going to your own apartment and I'm going to that event." Riley took her purse and opened the front door. Anthony glared at her and stood up. "I'm calling every hour" He whispered close by her face. "You can do that but i can't garantee I'll answer" Riley said trying to sound confident. But inside she fel really tiny compared to Anthony.
Anthony looked into Riley's eyes and noticed some fright in them. He smirked and walked away from her door. Riley took a deep breath and closed the door behind her.

"Riles!" Maya yelled out once the brunette walked through the glass doors to enter the galary. "Hi peaches!" the two best friends engulfed in a big hug. "I'm so glad you're here!" Maya said handing Riley a glass of champagne. "Of course! i would never miss this!" Riley said rubbing Riley's shoulder. "How's the baby?" Riley asked while Maya walked her around the galary. "Oh great! He's super healthy and growing like never before. Everything is going so fast now" Maya said. Riley widened her eyes and stopped. "He?" She asked. Maya's smile dropped and she gasped. "Oh my god, i did not mean to tell you that. Me and Josh were supposed to tell you together!" Maya said. Riley shook her head while laughing. "No I'm happy you told me! I'm having a nephew!" Riley said before hugging Maya again. Maya giggled but then saw him over Riley's shoulder. "Oh Riles, you can take a look and I'll go get you one of the nacks" Riley smiled thankful and Maya took off, leaving Riley alone in front of a painting.

The painting was supposed to represent four teennagers. Two girls and two boys. Riley smiled and shook her head. She knew who those kids were. A little obvious with tthe blonde and the brunette girls and the two boys. Maya painted this by the end of senior year. Riley saw her starting it but never finishing it. "It turned out beautiful right?" Riley snapped her head around and looked into two bright emeral green eyes. Her heart started beating against her chest and she smiled soft. "Hey" She peeped out. He smiled back and came standing next to her. "You look beautiful as well by the way" Lucas added. Riley blushed and looked down at her plane black cocktail dress. "Thank you, you don't look so bad yourself." Lucas nodded thankful and looked at the painting. "So this is supposed to be us?" Riley nodded and glanced over to him staring at the painting. "She lined you out very well" Lucas pointed out. Riley didn't reply since she was still looking at him. He looked aside in her eyes and her heart stopped. "Um" She stuttered and looked away. "I saw you provided this whole thing" Lucas also said. "How?" Riley asked. Lucas chuckled and motioned around. "Your logo is litterly everywhere" Riley giggled and tucked a piece of hair behind her ear. "Oh yeah, that's pretty obvious indeed" Lucas chuckled and placed his glass away. "I saw nice painting upstairs. Would you like to go see it?" Riley nodded and putted her glass aside. She then followed Lucas upstairs.

When they reached the first floor, the last people there left, giving them suspicious glances. Lucas kept walking while Riley followed behind him. She felt her phone buzzing inside her purse but she knew who it was. She took her phone out and immediately pressed the red phone. Anthony's face immediately disapeared from the screen. Riley turned off her phone an putted it back in her purse. "Riley?" A voice from behind a wall said. "Yes, I'm coming" She yelled. She quickly restored herself and followed Lucas. Her breath hitched whenshe saw the painting he was looking at. "Oh my god" She muttered. Lucas looked at Riley admiring the painting. "Where did she find that?" Riley asked running her hands over the frame. "I gave it to her" Riley snapped her head towards him. "She asked for it and i copied it for her." He explained. "Did you know she was gonna paint it?" Riley asked curious. Lucas shook his head. "No, this is the first time I know about this too" Riley looked back at the painting. It was a perfect replica of a picture of Riley and Lucas at the marina, 5 years ago. One they took for their project. With the moonlight reflecting on the surrounding water around the dock they were sitting on. You could see their hands next to each, milimeters from touching. Riley read the plaque next to the painting.

'some stories begin at the touch of a hand'

Soft fingers grazed over Rileys hand. She looked down at Lucas his hand interlocking with hers. "I couldn't agree more" He whispered. Riley gulped while Lucas took a step closer. "I missed you... a lot" Lucas whispered. Riley looked into his eyes and saw some hope in them. But most of all a sparkle. One familiar sparkle. The same sparkle he had when he looked at her, 5 years ago. Riley smiled soft. "Ii missed you too" She was able to manage out. Lucas took her hand and raised it onto his chest. Riley felt something round under the shirt. Then she realized what he was showing her. "Your promise ring, you're still wearing it" Riley muttered. Lucas nodded and looked down at her hand. "But you're not" He took a step back but Riley immediately pulled him back. She opened her purse and took out the silver infinity band. "I might not wear it, but i always have it right here with me" Lucas smiled and took the ring. "Please turn it on" Riley held up her hand while Lucas shoved on the ring. "Thank you" Riley whispered looking up into his eyes. Lucas smirked and slid his hand under her neck. Riley felt her heart rate speed up and she closed her eyes. She waited for the moment their lips touched. his other hand pulled her closer and finally, his lips crashed onto hers. For the first time in over 5 years they were finally kissing again.

A/N: 🤗🤗🤗 they kissed again! This is the first chapter of final week! The next five days I'll be posting the last (😢) five chapters of this story. (If I keep myself to it cause I'm in the middle of exams right now) starting with this one! What do you think will happen? Will she push him off or keep going?
I haven't said this but I'm really liking you guys comments! They always brighten my day when you comment. More tomorrow!