chapter 34

"Why were you so rude?" Riley threw her purse aside the moment they stepped inside her apartment. "Because he's a Friar" Anthony said like it was the most normal thing in the world. "Oh so that makes him the biggest jerk in the world?" Riley asked crossing her arms. "Baby why are you defending this douchebag?" Anthony wanted to wrap his arms around her waist but she pushed him off. "Because he's a friend. I don't do stereotypes" Riley walked away while turning off her juwelery. While she putted her earrings away she felt two arms wrap around her waist and someone kiss her neck. She pushed him off again and turned around. "What did i say about that?" She asked. "Oh come on! Do you realy think i believe the whole 'wait with sex until marriage' thing?" Anthony asked with a smirk. "Well you better believe it" Riley passed him to walk towards the living room. "I have the feeling somethings wrong" Anthony said following her again. "You're feelings are wrong" Riley said not facing him. "Are they? Riley do you still have feelings for Lucas?" Riley snapped around to find him closeby again. "No, of course not" Lies. Anthony smirked and wrapped his arms around her again. "Do you still love me?" Riley closed her eyes tight and pushed away the tears. "Yeah" She managed out. Another kiss on her neck. "Good, I'll see you tomorrow" He finally let go and Riley had the feeling she could breath again. "Bye" she said before the door slammed shut. 

"These are so cute Peaches!" Riley said taking a good look at the baby clothes. Maya smiled bright. "I know, they were on sale and i couldn't resist" Riley folded the jumper again and gave it back to maya. "So i saw the pictures of last night" Maya said while putting the baby stuff back into the bag. Riley pressed her lips together tight and stood up. "You did?" She asked like she knew of nothing. "Yeah...who's he?" Maya asked while Riley walked ot the kitchen to get drinks. "That's um...that's my boyfriend Anthony" Maya looked at Riley moving around nervous. "We've been dating for a while now" Riley said handing maya a glass of water. A long silence lignered around the room while Maya's eyes burned into the side of Riley's head. "Riley?" She asked begging for a descent explanation. Suddenly Riley bursted out into tears. 

"I don't know how long i can do this anymore Maya" Riley cried. Maya wrapped an arm around Riley and comforted her. "It's ok, you can tell me anything" Maya said. Riley sobbed. "It started about a year ago" Riley started her story. "I had just graduated college and my dad was about to make me CEO. Anthony is the son of one of our partners so he was at this diner. In the beginning i really liked him but i couldn't get...'him' out off my head." Riley admitted. Maya rubbed Riley's shoulders trying to comfort her. "My father pushed me to start a relationship with Anthony cause it would be good for the company. So i did, for the company's sake" Riley admitted. Maya was shocked. This didn't sound like Riley at all. Doing something like that was out of her comfort zone. So she understood why Riley was having such a hard time. "I thought it would take about  a month, maybe two. But when i realized that breaking up with him might end the partnership between our company's i crashed. His father is really improtant for us and my father would kill me if i ruined all his work" Riley sobbed. "Coming back to New York and seeing Lucas just makes this all so much harder" Riley said. She grasped for her purse and took out the ring. "I keep this with me every single day. Because i promised until i didn't love him anymore. But i still do, with all my heart" Riley confessed. Maya pulled Riley into a tight embrace. 

The two sat in silence for a while. Maya kept whispering comforting words and stroking Riley's hair. "What do i do?" Riley mumbled in between sobs. Maya sighed and shook her head. "I don't know, but we'll figure this out" Riley smiled soft and tightened her grip around Maya. "Thanks Peaches, it feels good to tell you all this" Riley admitted. Maya laid her head on top of Riley's. "Anytime Riles"

"This looks great! And I'm sure this will beat Friar's ass!" Riley frowned when she walked into her office and saw Anthony and Andy discussing things without her. "What's going on here?" They both snapped their heads towards Riley standing in the doorway. "Riley sweetie you're here! Look what me and Andy came up with" Anthony said waving Riley over. Riley took slow steps towards the duo and noticed an entire bussiness plan worked out. "What is all this?" she asked confused. "This is the new software we've designed." Riley took a good look at it and then at her 'boyfriend'. "This looks awfully a lot like the software Friar International just designed." Riley said crossing her arms. Anthony chuckled and nodded. "I know, i know someone who went working there for me and stole the idea. They have no idea what they're about to see" Anthony said with an evil laugh. Riley pushed all the papers off the desk in anger, making Andy taking a step back. "What's the matter with you? I thought i said i wanted to end this rivalry!" Riley yelled out. In the corner of her eyes she saw the people in the nearby offices look at her through her window. "Come on sweet, you can't just end something that's been going on for so long. Matthews and Friars will always be rivals. And sometimes you need to take them back for the things they've done" Anthony took some papers off the floor. "And what exactly have they done?" Riley asked while cocking an eyebrow. "Harold Friar took you desktop idea" Andy pointed out. "Oh Harold Friar, Yeah well he's retired. Just like my father did. Me and Lucas are now in charche of these two companies and we're doing things entirely different now. So you either way listen to what i say or you walk out of here and never come back!" Riley yelled out angry. Andy nodded and speed walked out off the office scared. Anthony scoffed. "Something stinks here, And I'll find out. See you at diner" He picked up some more papers before leaving the office as well. Once the door was closed, Riley sighed relieved and leaned against her desk. She had to find a way to end this rivalry.