Chapter 3

Riley decided to walk to the Empire State Building. It wasn't that far from where she lived and it's a busy neighborhood so there shouldn't be a lot of danger. The summer breeze made her hair blow back as she walked threw the streets with her bag swung over her shoulder. Her camera was in her hand and sometimes she'd take pictures of picturesque restaurants or people. It was already dark and the Empire State Building was lit up. She took a picture of its and waited in front of the entrance. People passed by and minutes passed. It was thirty minutes later then the time they diced to meet up. What a jerk, he bailed on her. She tucked her camera in her bag and wanted to go back. "Hey, where you going?" She stopped and turned on her heels. "There you are! You're a half hour late!" Riley said. "Sorry my father needed my help." He said. "Whatever, let's do this" she said taking her camera out again. "Follow me" Lucas opened the door as a gentleman and Riley walked inside. He guided her to the elevator and pressed the button for the roof. Riley glanced over to him and bit her lip. She was nervous. They had never bin alone like this. Some would say it's a date. But it's not. It's a simple school project. Even though she told her parents she's with Maya. She asked Maya to cover for her if they'd call. They could never know she's alone with Lucas Friar. Same goes for Lucas. Their parents would kill them if they knew about their meet up. Maybe her mom wouldn't be since it's just a school project. But her dad doesn't want them to have any contact. He always said the Friars were evil and mean. The elevator doors opened and they walked out. Lucas pushed opens the door to the roof and Riley was immediately surprised. You could see New York like never before. It was beautiful. She gasped and looked around. You could see Central Park, the World Trade Center and so many more. Lights lighted up the city. "Wow" Riley breathed. Lucas nodded. "Yep, this is where I come at peace." Lucas said. "I take my mind of school, football, my dad" he leaned over the edge and looked over the city. "I try to find people and think about what they'd have up their minds." Lucas explained. Riley took out her camera. It was the perfect picture. Lucas was leaning over the edge, looking over the city at night. His hands were folded as his elbows rested the edge. Riley snapped the picture and Lucas didn't tear his gaze away.

"It's beautiful up here" Riley said. She putted her camera back and placed her bag on a bench."how do you even get acces to this place?" Lucas shrugged his shoulders. "I have my ways" Lucas answered. She then joined Lucas on the side. "You said you think about your parents a lot" Riley said. Lucas sighed. "Yeah, they drive me crazy sometimes." Riley nodded agreeing. "Same here, all the pressure of doing the perfect thing for the media and They're always gone. It's like I don't have parents" Riley complained. Lucas looked over to her. "I'm not even allowed to talk to you because of....you know" she made fake claws with her hands and hissed like a cat. Lucas laughed and looked over to her. "I know, but this is fun. I feel free. Doing something I'm not allowed. Doesn't happen a lot" Lucas said. Riley chuckled. "Feeling bad?" Lucas bursted out laughed and he slid down the edge. They sat down on the ground. "Oh yeah, I'm feeling like I could take over the world" Riley laughed over his joke. "Ok but for real, how annoying is it when you have to go on a trip with your nanny?" Riley asked. Lucas groaned. "Oh god, I always wish my parents where there as well but they're always to busy trying to beat yours" Lucas said annoyed. "I know, it's all they want. To beat each other. Doesn't your dad freak out as well when mine creates something new. Cause mine does if yours creates something new" Lucas nodded. "He goes crazy." Riley laughed. "But you're not so bad Matthews" Lucas said. Riley smiled. "You're not so bad either Friar. Maybe being your partner this year won't be as bad as I thought it would be" Riley said. "And this is only the first project" Lucas pointed out. Riley nodded. "Yeah...." They stared into each other eyes for a while until Riley felt like pulling away because it got awkward. "So, for my spot. I found a better one then the one in my house" Riley said. "Oh yeah?" Riley nodded. "So come to the marina tomorrow, around nine as well" Lucas nodded. "Ok" Riley's phone went off and she took it out. "It's Maya" Riley stood up and Lucas followed. "Hey peaches" Riley answered. "Yeah I'll be right there......oh wait, I can't. My cars at home. It will take a while" Riley said. Lucas looked up. "Sorry peaches, it's a fifteen minute walk before I'm home and then a fifteen minute drive to your house" Riley argued. Lucas took her phone And covered the mic. "I'll drive you" he whispered. "You don't Have too" she whispered back. "I want too" Riley smiled thankful and putted her phone back on her ear. "Never mind peaches, I'll be there in a few" Riley hung up and took her bag. "thank you"

Lucas drove up front Maya's building. "Thank you for driving me" Riley said. Lucas smiled. "Yeah sure. So tomorrow the marina." Riley nodded. "I'll be there" he confirmed. Riley smiled and jumped out of the car. "Goodnight Matthews" he yelled. "Goodnight Friar" she answered. She shut the door and Lucas drove away. Riley watched his his car drove around the corner before she got pulled inside. "Did I just see that right?" Maya asked. Riley frowned. "Did Lucas frickin Friar drive you here?" Maya asked. "You guys aren't doing it right?" Maya asked. Riley rolled her eyes. "Of course not Maya, what's your dilemma?" Riley asked. "Look I've lately bin having a secret" Riley crossed her arms. "Maya! we don't have secrets for each other" Riley said. "I know but I was embarrassed of telling you" Maya said. Riley frowned. "Why?" Maya fiddled with her fingers. "I kinda maybe like your uncle" Maya muttered. "Riley's eyes grew wide. "What!but he's so old!" Riley asked disgusted. "Not Eric! Josh!" Maya clarified. "Oh! Yeah that makes a lot more sense" Riley said nodding. "So you're not mad ?" Maya asked. Riley pulled Maya in a hug. "Peaches, I could never be mad. Disgusted? A little" Maya chuckled and tightened the hug. "I love you Riles" Riley smiled. "I love you too Maya" Riley stayed over that night. They talked about Maya's crush and Riley promised she'd observe her uncle when he comes over again.

-------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE! i hope you liked it. Im thinking of posting all week. Comment your thoughts on that idea. I'm currently writing chapter 24 already and i've got to say there's some pretty exiting stuff coming up.
Ly all
I'm out