Chapter 6

Riley parked her car next to the black Range Rover again. "Why are you parking here again?" Maya whined. Riley rolled her eyes. "Stop whining. It's not because we're parked next to him you actually need to talk to him. Maya got out of the car and walked to the back door to take out her bag. Riley jumped out and her eyes fell on Lucas who jumped out as well. "Hey" she greeted him. He gave her a polite smile. "Hi" the two stared into each other's eyes for a while until their friends pulled them away. "What is up with you?" Maya asked. "Why?" Riley asked. "You've bin nice and flirty to Friar all week. It's like you like him!" Maya said. Riley scoffed. "Me and Lucas? You're dreaming" Riley said trying to hide the truth. "Ok" Maya shook it off and they made their way to school. "Hey Riley" riley and Maya stopped their tracks and turned on their heels. "Hey Charlie" Riley said. "Cheese soufflé!" Maya said. Riley nudged Maya to shut up. "So I um....I was wondering if you'd like to-"
"Hey man" Lucas interrupted them. "We have football practice" Lucas tried to drag Charlie away. "Dude I'm kind of in the middle of something" Charlie said trying to break from Lucas his grip. "Yeah but we have practice. Come on" Lucas pulled Charlie away leaving Maya and Riley astonished. "Was Charlie Gardner about to ask you out?" Maya asked. Riley shrugged her shoulders and walked into the school building. "I don't know" Riley walked to her locker where she was greeted by some of her friends. "Want to hear something crazy?" Maya asked Riley rolled her eyes while she opened her locker. "Charlie Gardner wanted to ask Riley out" the girls gasped while Riley took some books out. "Want to know something crazier: Lucas Friar stopped him!" All the girls gasped again and started talking all around. Riley pushed herself out of the group. This was ridiculous. She walked to her first class and got followed by the girls. "Do you think he likes you?" Amanda asked. "Well Charlie's a nice guy. So maybe" Riley said. "Not Charlie, Lucas" Riley stopped her tracks and spanned around in her heels. "You think Lucas Friar likes me?" Riley asked like it was a joke. "Are you new? We hate each other. We were born to hate each other. A Friar and a Matthews could never work" Riley snapped before turning around again and walking to her first class with big steps.

Lucas waited on Riley on the roof where they decided to meet up. Everything was already set and the sun had already set. Lucas heard the elevator doors opened and he looked behind him. Riley walked onto the roof and saw the big canvas on the floor. "What's all this?" She asked smiling. "This is our project" he said. Riley frowned and threw her bag on the bench. "The teacher said we need to make a painting that combines us together. I've heard form a lot of students they're gonna paint of picture of them. But I have a better idea." Lucas shoved a bowl with purple paint towards her. "Did you bring extra clothes?" He asked. Riley nodded confused. "Great, don't worry. They have showes downstairs" Riley was still confused until Lucas suddenly dumped the bucked of purple paint over her head. She squealed as the cold liquid streamed down her back and over her clothes. "Now paint!" Lucas said before dumping the bleu paint over his head. Riley smiled and pushed him down into the canvas. Lucas laughed and pulled her down as well. They started 'fighting' and rolled over the canvas. It became a mixture of bleu and purple. Their favorite colours. Riley rolled Lucas over and started solidify him over the canvas. He laughed and jumped up. Then he picked Riley by her waist and slimmed her around. Riley screamed in laughter and he pitted her down again. After a long paint fight they stepped off the colored canvas and smiled proud of the result. "This is perfect" she said. Lucas nodded. "Let's go shower." He handed Riley some towels and they went downstairs and left the canvas to dry.

A half hour later they came back up to clean their stuff. "This was a great idea Lucas, I think the teachers gonna love it!" Riley said exited. Lucas chuckled and closed the door. "See, I'm filled with great ideas" he follows her over to the bench where she was stuffing her dirty clothes into the bag. "So are you gonna-" Riley turned around but suddenly saw that he was very close to her. Because she scared a little she almost tripped but Lucas was able to hold her back. Their faces were inches apart. Riley's hands where on his chest and Lucas was holding her by her waist. The city lights were lighting up their faces. And maybe it was the moment, or the feelings rushing threw their bodies. But suddenly they both leaned in and pressed their lips together. It was like a shock went through their body. It felt addicting to kiss each other. But they soon realized who they were kissing. They pulled away and stared at each other in shock. Riley turned around again and sat down in the bench. "We shouldn't have done that" she said. Lucas nodded agreeing. "I'll keep the canvas and give it to the teacher" Lucas said. Riley nodded and turned on her shoes. "You need a ride-"
"No!" Riley cut him off. "I think we've done enough" She said. Lucas tugged his hands in his pockets and looked down. "I...I'm sorry" Riley said before leaving. Lucas sat down on the bench looking at the canvas. A Perfect painting with them combined. Lucas sighed and burried his head in his hands.

Riley ran into her house while tears where streaming down her face. Why? Why out of all people does she need to fall for him. She heard footsteps from the other side of the room and she quickly wiped away her tears. "Can you believe it!" His father growled. "What's up daddy?" Riley asked hiding her tears. "Friar international is selling a new kind of watch! I had that idea!" Her father said frustrated. "Oh well, to bad" Riley shook her shoulders. She wanted to slip away to her room but her dad stopped her. "Does that son of him ever talk to you?" Her dad asked. Oh they do more then talking. "Nope" Riley lied. "We avoid each other like we were thaught" Riley forced a smile. "Too bad, maybe he could tell you about his father's plans. But you're right honey. You better stay away from those jerks" Riley nodded and walked to her room. When she shut the door close she slid down and fiddled with her friendship ring. What did she do?

A/N: new part! They kissed! What do you think is gonna happen now?