Chapter 1

"Good morning New York, it is six in the morning and it looks like a very sunny first day of school. To bad kids but-" the radio was cut off by Riley hitting her hand on it. She groaned and stretched. First day back to school. Summer was great. She spend the whole summer in places people can only dream off going. Unfortunately it was only her and her brother. And the nanny of course. Her parents were on bussines trips. Like her father is right now. Only her mother is home. Which is pretty surprising. Riley pulled herself out of bed and turned on her sating robe. She pressed the buttoned that opens her curtains and the sun peeked threw. Her gigantic room lit up and she walked towards her private bathroom. She took the remote of her stereo and Taylor Swift's '22' blasted through the ceiling speakers. While humming along she hopped into the shower and brushed her teeth. After '22' it was time for wildest dreams to come on. If you haven't noticed already. Riley's a big Taylor swift fan. Riley applied her make-up after getting dressed in a casual outfit. After spraying on perfume she walked out her bathroom and tugged her books, notebook and several other school stuff in her backpack. "Riley! Breakfast!" She heard the maid yell from the hallway. "Coming!" She yelled.

Lucas attended the breakfast table. The view over the sun rising over the city was beautiful to eat breakfast over. He sat down accross from his mother. "Morning mom" his mother gave him a polite smile and then putted her phone down. "Morning Lucas, ready for a new year? Your last year may I add" she said wiggling her eyebrows. Lucas rolled his eyes. "Please don't whine all year that I'm graduating" Lucas asked while the maid putted eggs on his plate. "But you're my last baby! After this I'm officially old." His meter crossed her arms. "I blame your dad for never wanting a third child" his mother mocked. "Oh please, I have enough with one annoying sister" Lucas said before taking a bite. "Talking now about me again little bro?" His sister said walking in. She ruffled his hair and sat down next to her mother. "Hey! That hair took me twenty minutes" Lucas said placing it back. "Oh boohoo, am I gonna be glad when I get back to my dorm" Emily said annoyed. Lucas rolled his eyes. "Where's dad?" Emily asked. Their mother tucked her lips in and gave them an apologetic look. "Let me guess, he had to go on a impromptu business trip?" Lucas asked. Mrs. Friar lifted her shoulders and took some fruit. "Sorry" Emily sat back. "They're not impromptu anymore" she mumbled crossing her arms. Lucas took one last bite and rose from his seat. "I have to go" he said. The maid immediately cleaned his place and he pecked his mothers cheek. "Bye mom" his mother smiled after him. "Bye sis" his sister waved after him and he walked towards the garage where his car was parked.

Riley drove up front Maya's building. She honked once and Maya walked out. She jumped into Riley's car swig in her bag onto the back seat. "Morning Riles, had a nice summer?" She asked. Riley nodded. "Yeah, you?" She asked. "Not too bad. Thanks to the job you gave me my mom and I could go to the Hamptons for a weekend." Maya said smiling. Riley drove back onto the road. "And you? What was it this year? Bora Bora? Hawaii? Oh no wait you did both last year" mYa said. Riley chuckled. "We went to Miami and the Bahamas" Maya rolled her eyes. "Why don't you ever ask me to tag along?" Riley took the top of her silver convertible. "I wish I could but my dad won't let me ask friends along" Riley sighed annoyed. The school came in sight. "Anyway, senior year Riles. Last year of this hell hole and we can leave" Maya said smiling. "I know, we're kings again Maya" Riley said taking Maya's  hand. "I know Riles, we're almost there." Maya assured her. Riley drove onto the parking lot and almost drove against a black Range Rover who drove on either before her. She honked her horn and growled.

"Look at that little brat" Farkle said looking out the window when they passed the silver convertible. Lucas chuckled. "Was she angry?" He asked looking for a spot to park. "Riley Matthews? Yes but she never uses her middle finger or swears. She's too sweet for that" Farkle scoffed. "Such a brat" Lucas rolled his eyes and parked. Right next to him another spot came free and the silver car parked there.

"Why are you parking next to Lucas 'jerk face' Friar" Maya asked. "Because there's a spot here" Riley said pulling the keys out. "Just get out and walk away, please avoid a fight" Riley asked glancing over to her friend who was already getting out of the car mumbling "fine". Riley shook her head and got out of the car as well. She shut her door closed. She looked over to the handsome tall young man jumping out of his black Range Rover. She caught his sight as well and they started at each other for a while. "Matthews" he said cool. "Friar" she said back coldly. They glared at each other for a while and then Riley got pulled out of her gaze by Maya who cleared her throat. "Riles?" She asked. Riley nodded. "Yeah, I'm coming" Riley took her bag of the back seat. "Have nice year" she said while walking away from Lucas. He took his bag out as well while he followed Riley walking towards the entrance. She got greeted by fellow female students. She was extremely popular. But so was he. Cause many guys came up to him. They greeted him and they walked towards the entrance as well. They passed the girls who were already taking a selfie. He glanced at Riley the moment she glanced at him as well. Her brown eyes followed him. He forced himself to pull his eyes away and bit the inside of his cheek. Damn was she hot. You can't Lucas. He thought to himself. She's a Matthews.
But somehow he knew that this could be an interesting year.
Riley pulled her eyes back to the phone when he looked away. He got muscular. She didn't know that was possible. You can't Riley. He's a Friar
But she knew it would be an interesting year.
They both did.

A/N: that's the first chapter for rivals and lovers! If you're coming from my other books, an koi for voting this one as the new addition to my collection! I hope you're gonna enjoy it as much as I enjoy writing it. If you have other requests of questions feel free to send me a message of comment. If you're new to my stories, welcome I hope you enjoyed this first chapter. I have three other books named Mistakes, Lost & found and Agent Matthews.
Ly all
I'm out