Chapter 18

It was five in the morning. Riley was still asleep covered with everything possible. The only sound in her room was the one of her clock ticking. It was still dark outside and Riley puckered her lips as she dreamt about Her and Lucas in hawaii. Her dream was about to become better when a loud yelling interrupted everything. Including her sleep.
"EVERYBODY WAKY WAKY! TODYAS THE DAY!" A loud yell ran through the hallways. Riley shot up and fell of her bed from the sudden movement. Her father bursted through the door and yelled: "GET UP RILES! TODAYS THE CONVENTION!" He frowned when he saw the empty bed. "Riles?" He asked. Riley pulled the covers off her and looked over the side of her bed. "What?!" She snapped pissed off. "Oh good you're up" he opened her curtains and turned on her lights. "Dad" she said groggily. "It's five o'clock in the morning" she said standing up. She went over to her dad until she was right in front of him. "WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?!" She yelled in his a face. "Just go with it honey. There's no holding him back" a sleepy Topanga said by the door. "Just go get ready" she said while yawning. Riley growled and made her way to the bathroom. Cory started cheering and running around the halls again. Topanga sighed and slumped towards her own bathroom.

A half hour later Riley came out all dressed. She took her bag and dropped in all the things she need for the day. "Riles, Maya is here" her mother yelled from downstairs. Next she heard stumbling and her door was opened by Maya who had big purple circles under her eyes. "Is your father INSANE?" She yelled. Riley chuckled. "Great, there's two of us" she said. "I can't believe he picked me as one of the booth workers. This means waking up early and I want sleep" Maya whined putting her head on Riley's shoulder. "Well you're up now. So let's go get some breakfast." Riley jumped up among may fall back on her bed. "Did you get a new mattress?" Maya asked while she started cuddling with Riley's pillows. Riley pulled on Maya's feet and pulled her off the bed making her fall, face down, on the carpet. Maya groaned annoyed and Riley walked out of the room with her bag swung over her shoulder. Eventually Maya got up and followed Riley downstairs. "Morning mom, dad. Auggie" Riley Ruffles her little brothers hair and walks over to the kitchen counter, she took some orange juice and poured in for both her and Maya. "Are you both prepared?" Cory asked. Riley nodded. "Yes we are, don't worry dad. Everything will go just as planned" Riley assured her father. She took two apples and gave one to Maya. "We'll drive ahead and see you at the venue" Riley said. She took Maya's wrist and dragged her towards the garage. "Thanks for getting us out of another lecture" Maya said while getting into the car. "Oh I was doing us both a favor" the two best friends laughed and drove out of the garage.

The convention hall was already filled with stands and people were running around making the finishing touches. Riley and Maya walked around the big halls and saw some pretty cool stuff. Drones were flying around. Music was blasting through from the radio station that was airing live from the convention. "Wow Riles. Can you imagine how many tech-nerds are gonna be walking around here?" Maya asked looking around. Riley rolled her eyes. "We need to bring these last prototypes to the stand. Do you have the plan?" Riley asked Maya. "Yeah, it's supposed to be here somewhere" Maya said trying to find the stand. "Are you sure?" Riley asked. Maya looked at the map and Riley rolled her eyes. She put down the map and turned around the map. "We're at the other side of the convention" she said. "Don't blame me! These maps are hard to read!" Maya said crossing her arms in defense. Riley sighed and started walking the right way. "So how are you and ranger Rick doing?" Maya asked following her. "Pretty good, he texted me this morning he'll find me later today. So if I suddenly disappear could you make up an excuse or something?" Riley asked. Maya nodded. "How long are you two gonna keep it a secret?" Maya asked. "Until our parents decide to act mature and not fight over it" Riley said shaking her shoulders. "So this is gonna last a while" Riley nodded and they arrived at the right stand. All the workers frommatthews international were setting up devices and signs. Riley called them together from quick briefing. "Goodmorning people, my dad gave me a list of things to do before the convention opens its doors. This happens in two op hours so keep working!" Riley said handing a list to a worker. Maya followed the group of workers and Riley went to find her family.

"Ready dad?" Emily asked. Harold nodded and looked at himself in the mirror. "We can do it!" He gave himself a pat and took his coat of the chair. "Is Lucas ready?" Emily nodded and they walked into the private rom outside the convention. His wife and son were sitting on the couch waiting. "Ok...showtime" he said smirking. Harold walked first followed by his wife next to him and his two kids behind him. When he entered the convention hall as the Matthews family did as well. They faced each other and glared. "Cory" Harold said.
"Harold"
"Topanga" Victoria glared at the woman in front of her. "Victoria"
"Emily" Auggie said putting his hands in his side. "Yeah I'm not doing it" Emily said shaking her head.
"Just to let you know, we're gonna mop the floor with you this years debate" Cory said. "Really? Well I think the floors still clean enough from last year" Harold dissed Cory. Riley and Lucas glanced at each other. Emily noticed and tried to get her mind of it. "Use your words wisely Mr. Friar" Cory threatened taking a step closer. "Oh I will" Harold did the same. Their wives came in between. "Ok honey, let's go talk to some people" Victoria encouraged her husband. "Yeah Cory let's go" Topanga pulled him the other way and the kids were left behind. "Auggie there's a big Xbox stand in hall 5!" Riley said. Auggie cheered and ran off. Emily crossed her arms. "Matthews" she said. "I'd kiss you but there's to many people around" Lucas whispered. Riley blushed. "Maybe later ok?" Emily rolled her eyes. "Riley!" Cory yelled from the other side of the hall. Riley flinched and gave them an apologetic smile. "I've gotta go. I'll text you" Lucas nodded and Riley ran after her parents. Emily looked at her brother who was staring at his girlfriend running off. "Let's go as well. I know you love her but God I hate lying to mom and dad" Emily suggested. Lucas nodded agreeing. "Let's go" he started walking the other way and his sister followed.

A/N: new part! I am having a huge inspiration boost for this story! I've got many ideas and I'm working, writing. I edit some upcoming chapters to match my new ideas. It's all coming together guys! So exited. This is my longest story so far. I've got a lot of chapters ready for you but I still need to edit some of the next few chapters. Anyway, I'm glad I've got a few spare chapters cause I'm heading towards a very busy few weeks so I'll have chapters that I can post in just a few seconds.
Let me know what you think of this chapter!
Ly!