Chapter 9

Another few weeks passed by that Riley and Lucas secretly dated. They went on secret dates and met up almost every night. Once in a while one of them got pulled into a janitors closet. Maya and Farkle would have to look for their friends again. It was November now and they've bin able to pull of a secret relationship for almost two months. No one has suspect a thing. Maya and josh went on their date and have bin dating for a while.

Another day of school had arrived, but was also another art class. Riley had her drawing ready in her bag. She was walking down the hall while texting. "Riles!" Riley turned around to see her best friend running at her. "Hey Maya, don't you have class?" Riley asked. Maya shook her head. "Not yet, but listen to this:" Riley putted her phone away. "Rumor goes around that Lucas Friar is dating someone" Riley's breath hitched and she started sweating. "Oh...really?" She asked nervous. "Yeah, boy do I feel sorry for that girl" Riley laughed hysterically making Maya look confused. "Oh that's so funny Maya, anyway I have to go" Riley said slipping away before she broke their cover. She walked into art class and saw that Lucas was the onto one there. His face lighted up when she walked in. "Hey beautiful" he whispered. "People are saying you're dating someone" Riley said. "I know, but I'll deny it" Lucas said. "It's not that, Maya s getting suspicious" Riley whispered. "Good morning ms. Matthews, mr. Friar" the teacher said walking in. Riley and Lucas smiled. "I see you two are getting along a bit better then the beginning of the year" Riley and Lucas nodded. "Good," she smiled and wrote the assignment on the board. "Tonight my spot" Lucas whispered. Riley nodded and focused on the class.

Farkle pulled Maya aside. "What are you doing?" Maya asked. "I need your help" Farkle asked. "Why?" Maya asked confused. "I think Lucas is dating someone but I don't know who so I want to go spy on him tonight" Farkle said. Maya rolled her eyes. "Why do you need me?" She asked. "You work in the store across the Empire State Building right?" Farkle asked. Maya nodded. "I need to get to the top of that building." Maya frowned confused. "If he does have a girlfriend he'll bring her there tonight. It's a perfect night" Farkle explained. "And I need the key to get into the other building" he finished. Maya sighed"fine, but if I get fired-"
"I'll make sure you get a new job" Farkle assured her. Maya smiled. "Thanks, now if you'll excuse me I have a class to attend" she slipped away from his grip and walked to class.

Riley and Maya were sitting at Topanga's making their homework. "So are you watching the fireworks tonight?" Riley asked. "There are fireworks?" Maya asked. Riley nodded. "Yeah, not far from the Empire State Building" Riley explained. Maya cocked an eyebrow. "Oh really?" Riley nodded. "Yeah, I already promised a friend I'd go" Riley said before sipping her drink. "Well, I have other plans" Maya said. "With who?" Riley asked. "Josh" Maya lied. "But Josh is in Philly?" Riley asked confused. "Not tonight" Maya lied, again. Riley was confused and took one last sip. "Anyway, I have to go. I'll see you later peaches" Riley took her bag and left the bakery. Farkle came in the moment Riley left. "Hey, your ready?" He asked. Maya took out a key. "Yep" she took her stuff and they left as well.

"Wait here I need to turn of the alarm first" Maya demanded him. Farkle nodded and waited outside. He could tell Lucas was already there. The black Range Rover was parked in front of the giant building. "Ok, ready" Maya said. Farkle walked inside the store. "Where's the entrance to the roof?" He asked. "That way" Maya pointed towards a door with a sign pointing up on. With his bag swung over his shoulder they walked up the stairs. "This is a good workout" he said panting after the fifth floor. They finally made it to the top and Farkle dropped his bag to the floor. Maya pulled her jacket closer. "What is he holding?" Maya asked while Farkle looked closer. "It's like a necklace"

Lucas felt the necklace in his hand. He was holding onto it for dear life. He heard the door open and he turned around. "Hey beautiful" he walked up to her. "Hey handsome" Riley said before Lucas pecked her lips.

"Where did he go?" Maya asked. Farkle took his camera. "He probably went to the back" he snapped his shots. There he comes again"

"When do the fireworks start?" Riley asked. "In a couple of minutes, but first wanted to give you something" Lucas revealed the silver necklace with a heart dangling on it. "Oh my god Lucas" Riley said surprised. Lucas had his back turned to the edge, blocking Maya and Farkles view. "Dammit, move out of the way!" Maya said annoyed.
"It's for our two month anniversary" Lucas said. Riley smiled. "I have something as well" Lucas frowned. "So you told me your old watch broke, so I got you the new digital watch, and it's from neither our parents" Lucas laughed. "Thanks riles" Riley handed him the watch and Lucas turned on the necklace. She turned around and smiled. "Thank you" they leaned in and kissed each other. During the kiss they turned making them both visible for the other building.

Lucas snapped the pictures. "Yes! Got her!" He said. "Who is it?" Maya asked scooting closer. Farkle looked threw the picture until he saw the girls face. His jaw dropped. "This can't be!" He whispered. "What? Who is it?" Maya asked. Farkle looked at Maya who was dying to know who was the kissing Lucas. Farkle handed Maya the camera. Maya frowned at the face Farkle was making and looked at the pictures. Her eyes widened. "Riley?!"