Three: Mark My Words

Start from the beginning

"You look very nice today!" I said as I chuckled a bit.

"Thank you!" She said as she stood up. "Is there something you need?"

"Yes."

"Very well, what is it?"

"You, me and a picnic?" I said as I reached my hand out.

"Now?"

"Yes, now."

She grabbed my hand giggling. As we walked down the hall holding hands, smiling at each other. We made our way to the pond.

"Francis, you shouldn't of." She said smiling looking at the laid out blanket.

"Come sit." We sat eating some grapes looking out into the pond watching swans swimming.

"Tell me about you." She said.

"Why don't we play a game?" I asked.

"Okay, what is it?"

"A questions game, a friend from Portugal taught me. There are 20 questions and we each have to answer them honestly."

"Okay, can I ask first?"

"Yes." I said as I put a grape in my mouth.

"First kiss?"

"Princess Diane from Spain."

"John's?! Really!?" She said giggling. I found myself liking the sound of her laugh, I just couldn't let my emotions get in the way.

"Yes! Yours?"

"Prince John."

"How am I not surprised." I said smiling. " have you ever went swimming naked?"

"No! Never! You?"

"Maybe once or twice."

"Umm, favorite country you have visited?"

"England."

"England?"

"I have been to England many times."

"What? I've never seen you there before."

"I went just last summer." She looked at me confused then shook it off. After asking more random questions I got to a serious one.

"What happen to your father?"

She looked down at her hands. "My mother despised him. They never loved each other. One night when my fathers mistress announced that she was with child, my mother was furious. 2 Months before she was to get give birth, someone poisoned her, it was my mother. My father accused her one night, she lost it. She suffocated him. She made it look like it was a natural death, but I was there when she did it. I know many things. I can choose to destroy my mother but..."

"But you choose not to because you care for her."

"Yes, I care for her but she cares more of her country than her daughter."