One: In The Name Of Love

Comincia dall'inizio

He smiled at her softly.

"My daughter may have already informed you, that she will not be marrying you. She WILL marry the next King of France." It's like the she-devil is finally coming out from her. Killing every happiness that stands in her way.

He looked at her with anger boiling in his veins. "Why do you want her to marry Francis, when you know I can provide better protection for Cleo and her country?!" He said raising his voice a bit.

She completely ignored his comment, she knew he's right. "Come on Cleo, the carriage is waiting outside." She said as she walked out the room.

I turned to look at the expression on John's face. "It's going to be okay John, I will come back to you, I promise!" I said as I kissed him.

"You should go, do everything you can to make him hate you." He said as he smiled. I grabbed a hold of him, wrapping my arms around his waist.

"I love you John!" I said as I let go of him.

All he did was smile and kiss my forehead. He's never said 'I love you', never. I don't know if he does love me or not. I couldn't worry about that now but rather putting my focus on how I was going to make Francis hate me.

I've never met him, only heard stories. I must also make my mother see that Francis is no good for me. I need to make everyone in France see that I being their queen will be no good.

"Cleo?" I heard my name be called as I reached the door to the carriage.

"Yes?" It was one of my best friends, but I couldn't talk to her all the time seeing that she is a servant.

She handed me a box of treats.

"Thank you, Chloe." I said to her as I smiled.

I handed it to one of my Ladies.

It was going to be a long journey to France.

-----------

FRANCIS' POV:

"So now you're telling me that I have to choose between Mary and Cleo?!" I raised my voice at my father.

"Yes!"

"Father, I've known Mary all my life! We formed an alliance with Scotland since we were six! We've been engaged since and now you're making me choose!?"

"We will not discuss this anymore! It's final! You will get to know them better! Once the snow starts sticking to the ground, you will choose." He said. It was barely the end of the winter season.

I haven't seen Mary since she was nine. She was taken away for her safety. Her safety against England. After arguing with my father, I went out with everyone else to greet Mary and Cleo. Mary arrived first.

Her carriage rode up. Stopped a few feet away from me.

"Her majesty, Queen Mary of Scotland!" A man said out loud.

I saw Mary, she has never looked so beautiful! She greeted her ladies than me.

"Hello Francis." She smiled.