Chapter 24 (unedited)

Začít od začátku

"Destiny."

I look up at her curiously. What about destiny?

"I told Aaron about what the future had for us and he didn't like it. He wanted me to leave the Witch business and run away with him but I couldn't betray my lineage. Once you're a Witch you can't change it. That's you and stays with you forever."

"Thank you," I blurt out. "For everything you've been doing. You definitely taught me alot with this entire experience."

She grins but I can see something was wrong. Stepping closer, she looks away for a moment just as I ask her what's wrong. She shakes her head dismissing my question.

"We should start going," she says. "This trip isn't over just yet."

Nodding, I grab my bag and Eunice and I peel the window down and slide right on out. We were on the second floor so it sort of hurt but I managed to bend my legs right before I collided with the ground. Eunice has better control over her landing and she only grins. As we rejoice over the fact we escaped the accommodation, our happiness is short lived. As we glance over the nearly empty parking space, we realize we have no way of getting out of here without a car.

Eunice elbows me in the gut telling me she has an idea. She rushes to the car nearest us and closes her eyes mumbling some stuff I cannot comprehend. I wait and watch as the doors swings open. We jump into the car and I become fully aware that we are stealing a vehicle. Eunice doesn't seem to mind as she is already steering onto the main road and heading off.

"Holy shit," I mumble.

"Yup," Eunice agrees. "We just Witch wired a car." she laughs at her own comment whereas I giggle at it.

"So where to?" She asks. I tell her where we should go next and she nods. However we think better about who should be driving and we switch seats. We really didn't need her collapsing while the vehicle is moving under her control.

-

I concentrate on the dark roads whereas Eunice stays in her seat reviewing my plan. I glance at the time in the car and I'm not surprised to find it nearing three in the morning. The cops were definitely at the crash by this point and were probably going to head over to the accommodation soon to get our story. I feel bad for the nicer driver that hit my rear. The lady, of course, not so much.

I press the accelerator a bit harder and Eunice and I lurch forward into the empty night. "Woah there," Eunice says glancing at me. "We literally just got out of a car crash a few hours ago."

"I'm sorry," I tighten my hold on the steering wheel. "I just want to be off the road already."

"We'll be in the city in a few more kilometers."

"What do I do after this?" I say aloud. Eunice stares at me confused. "I did so much things that caught human attention in different states. What do I do?"

Eunice stares at me about to speak but I interject before she could say anything. "I murdered a man and it's on the news. I left a hospital in Canada and it has identification and not mine. I left two car crash's and I'm not too sure but I think you could get arrested for that. Oh and the best part- I drove over a policeman's foot when I left the pack. I'm not sure about my other actions but that policeman works around the area I live near. If he finds me, he'll arrest me!"

"Annabel-"

I turn to Eunice and fling my arms up. "I'm too innocent-"

"ANNABEL!"

I jumped at the loud shout of my name and stare at Eunice stunned. Then I remember that I'm suppose to be driving and my hands go back to the steering wheel but I take notice the car is not moving anymore. My eyes go back to Eunice who's hand is up in the air.