Chap 31: All Tied Up

Hyomin's P.O.V

How could someone you cared for treat you so heartlessly?

As I lay on the floor after collapsing, salty tears escaped from the inner corners of my eyes.

My eyelids were puffy and my cheeks were red from being tortured with slaps from my own brother who was holding innocent people hostage.

Wonho wasn't always this way. It was only since after our mother left us that he behaved differently. He began to pretend that our mother had actually died and had not left us with our dad for another man. I have to admit that I was and still am in utter shock and anger at her for doing such a thing but I know to not take my feelings about that situation on other people.

"You look horrible." I heard erupt from Wonho's mouth.
I turned my head and found Wonho looking down at me with a smirk playing wildly on his lips.
I didn't respond at all to his comment.
"What? Cat got your tongue?" He said swinging his head to rest it on his left shoulder.
"Wonho, why are you doing this to your sister?!" I heard a feminine voice exclaim with obvious paining struggle.
His eyes stayed on me as he answered the girl's question.
"She tried to tell the police where I was located after following me here."
He crouched and rested his forearms on his knees.
"Actions have their consequences, big sis."

I simply spat in his face and mentally laughed at him.
His face seemed calm as he wiped his face with a handkerchief he brought out from his pocket.
Looking at me again, I could see the fire that sparked up in his eyes.
He grabbed me by my shirt collar and slammed me hard back onto the hard wooden floor.
I hit my head and tried to keep from crying by biting my bottom lip.

I tried to speak but my throat was so dry that making any sound at all felt impossible.
"You know, you got yourself into this mess. Why couldn't you be a caring sister?" He said under his breath.
His words struck me and pained me more than the torture of having hardly any food or water and the beatings he gave me because 'he felt like it'.
Rain fell from my eyes that transformed into stormy clouds.

I wept silently on the floor and attempted to raise my hands to my face to hide my sadness.

'I tried so hard to become a sister he looked up to,' I thought, 'How could he say such a thing?'

I mouthed 'He doesn't mean that' over and over to myself to calm myself down but I honestly didn't know why I bothered. I know that I put my whole heart into trying to be a loving and caring sister but he wasn't clicking onto that at all.
From now on, I've decided to just let him have whatever's coming for him. I won't care as much as I used to.

I used my elbows to push me up into a sitting position. I brought my tied up wrists back up to my face and used the back of my hand to wipe off the blood.
I cleared my throat as best I could and tried to speak.
"Go....to....hell." I spoke, my voice sounding husky.
He looked at me properly and smiled but I knew for sure that a smile like that after my comment wasn't a happy smile.

He took two steps towards me.
"Don't you realize?" He began, "You're already here."
And he started to guffaw loudly.
His harsh words were simply just words now, no meaning held onto them at all.

I let my eyes roll but found Shownu standing in a corner with his head hung low.
Wonho, during my torture, had told me how he was the one who murdered Kris. He told me how he beat him to death after something stupid but somehow, I found a way to forgive him.
I was devastated to hear that he was the one who did the damage but I knew that in my heart, he really did not mean for there to be such a saddening and depressing result.