Chap 11: The New You

Yeonjee's P.O.V

This was weird.
This was scary.
Where's Kyunggie?

I looked around the room as I sat on the white sofas of this place. What would they do to us if we upset them?  Will the one with the gun shoot us? Why does everyone else seem so natural?
My eyes finally landed on Kyungsoo leaning on a column, just looking at me. I rushed over, trying to make sure none of those scary men noticed.
"What are we doing here?" I asked Kyungsoo.
"Don't worry. It's a thing they do," He began, "They haven't done this crap to us since..since Kris. I dunno why they bothered now."
"But then why did they need to bring out a gun." I whispered a little louder than expected.
"It doesn't have bullets so I don't think it will kill you." He laughed. I didn't get why he found this funny. And who hasn't brought us here since our late friend?
"Then what's with that kind of invitation?" I practically growled at him though he might've not heard the anger.
"It's a gang thing." He answered with a chuckle. That was it with his inside jokes or whatever he was laughing at. I forced my anger into my actions and punched him in the arm.

I turned my head when I heard footsteps approaching. A familiar face came into view. I remembered seeing him at school next to that Shownu guy and on the baseball field. I couldn't remember his name though. He also wore all black, the same clothes as one of the people we saw when they took us from the van. My eyes wandered down to his left hand that held things which looked like a hat and... a face mask. Seriously?! They're a gang?! This whole situation is so frustrating! What the hell is with these people kidnapping other people and pulling out guns?! Ugh! This guy is so lucky that he's cute.

"Kyungsoo, aren't you gonna introduce your little friend to me?"
He smirked. He looked at me and gave me a wink. My face was boiling out of control.
"Yeonjee, this is Hyungwon," He said then gestured to him,"I guess you could say he is one of the ones I am not entirely mad at."
"Wassup girl? If I told you that you had an amazing body, would you hold it against me?" he flirted.
I immediately went more red than I already was, if that was possible, and began a fit of hysterical laughing. "I'm sorry," I said, desperately trying to calm down. What an old pick-up line. "I haven't heard of that one since I was like ten."
I could hear Hyungwon who stood there chuckling.
"Oh, don't be like that Kyung-hyung. I'm just joking around." I heard Hyungwon state. I saw Hyungwon begin to walk over to another guy who sat on the sofa, scrolling through the channels, putting his feet up onto that red footrest.

I suddenly felt the need to go.
"Hey, uh, Kyunggie?" I spoke.
"Hmm?" He replied.
"Do you, uh, know where the restroom is?"
"I don't, but I'll ask one of them," He told me, "Hey Hyungwon!  Where's the restroom?!" He yelled across the room.
"There's a door behind Kyungsoo. You will probably see it if he moves his fat head." He began. He turned around to see a door I hadn't noticed before.
"Yeah, through that door and it will be the first door you see when you turn left."
"Thank you." I muttered. I then went through the door and closed it behind me.

I entered a dimly lit hallway. Okay, he said turn left. I turned the knob on the door and nervously pushed it open. My eyes widened at the shirtless, toned figure I saw who faced his back to me. He slowly turned around to see who it was that came into the room. His face was more familiar than the rest of his body I saw from the back. His hair was different and I have never seen his bare back before.
"Wonho?"
"Hey Yeonjee," he said with much enthusiasm, "It's nice seeing you here."
"You look...new." I said trying to sound calm. He still hadn't put a shirt on so it was kind of distracting.
"I know right. Look at this cool hair colour difference. Plus, I got a tattoo. I heard you got one too so there shouldn't be any trouble in telling you about it." After saying that, he pointed to a space under his chest area. A symbol in black ink was permanently painted on his fair skin. A symbol which looked like an 'M' morphed into the letter 'X'.

"What's that mean?" I asked.
"Monsta X. My cousin came up with it." he replied.
"That's cool."
We stayed quiet for a moment.
"I should probably put on a shirt." He said, looking embarrassed.
I just laughed in reply and realised that my urge to go seemed to have faded away somehow.
As Wonho was about to exit the ensuite, he stopped and turned around.
"Yeonjee."
"Mmhmm?" I responded.
"Can I talk to you about something?"
I was unsure.  Usually when a person says that, it can turn really personal. But an unexplained reason led me to think that maybe this is something I needed to hear.
"Sure." I replied.

He closed the door to the room and turned around to walk over to me. He stood in front of me and took a deep breath.
"Do you believe in love at first sight?" he asked.
To be honest, I did. I fell for Kyungsoo that way. I thought it was just a phase I was going through but over the years, my feelings grew.
"I guess so. Yeah."
He bent his head down and took my hand in his.
"Wonho." I felt like I knew where he was going with his actions.
"I know we've only met but I feel a connection that I haven't felt with anyone else." he said.
In my mind, I pleaded for him to stop because what he was confessing to me was something I couldn't return to him.
"Wonho, please—"
He placed my hand on the skin of which his heart lay under.
"Do you feel that?" he asked me.
I felt his rapid heartbeat on the palm of my hand.
"It goes faster everytime I'm with you." he said.
"Wonho please, I...I can't. How can you say that? We haven't spent that much time together." I said, pulling away from his touch.

"But I thought you said you believed in love at first sight." he said looking slightly pained.
"I do but—"
"But what?"
I couldn't find a way to answer.
"Wait here." he instructed.
I did as he said while he hurried out the door and turned left. He came rushing back in while shoving on a black shirt.
"But?" he asked.
"I...I already have someone."
"You already have someone? Someone who?" he asked getting more mad by the second.
"Someone... I'm dating." I answered without a thought. Who would I say? There is one but he couldn't possibly agree to pretending to be with me. Even if we were close friends.
"What? Who?" he growled.
"Kyungsoo." I replied, again without a thought.
"No way. You both looked like you were just friends."
"We're not."
"Prove it." He demanded, his anger bleeding through the way he pressed his rows of teeth together ever so tightly.

I tried to figure out a way to make him believe. Something came to mind but it would take me a lot of bravery and courage to accomplish it. I needed to do it. It would've been the strongest way to do it. With my plan in mind, I stomped out of the bathroom, out of the hallway and set out to find Kyungsoo. I passed what looked like an entrance to a kitchen and found Kyungsoo and another guy laughing. You need to do this, I commanded myself.
I used all my strength and courage to walk up to him and grab his face. Once I got the hang of what I was doing, I pulled him close and slammed my face onto his.

God, this felt amazing! This moment wasn't actually how I'd imagined it to happen but the sparks flying through me felt fantastic. As I closed my eyes, savouring every bit of this moment, I remembered who I was kissing. What was he thinking right now?
Is he majorly shocked?
I broke the kiss and stood on my toes to be able to reach his ear.
"Please, pretend." I whispered and then clung to his stiff body with my arms around his torso.
I would need to explain everything later.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Woo-hoo! 11th Chapter done!
I've been waiting to do this one for a while. ^.^
Hope it was good ≧ω≦≧ω≦≧ω≦

Please:
¤Vote,
¤Comment
Or
¤Follow ฅ'ω'ฅ

From meh

KyungHoJin ≧∇≦≧∇≦