Chap 5: Enemies

Yeonjee's P.O.V

I can't believe I let myself cry like that. Hopefully, Kyungsoo doesn't ask any questions about it. It can sometimes be hard to lie to him about things and harder to get him off my back about my pain.

I've never reacted like that to my own thoughts so it's going to be a little difficult to explain it. As I tied my hair, I glanced up at Kyungsoo and saw him looking at me and immediately look away like he just snapped back to reality after being deep in thought. Hmm. I wonder what he was thinking about.

We heard footsteps approaching our table and raised our heads to look at the group coming towards us.
"You know it's rude to not say 'Hello' to a friend." said the guy Kyungsoo mentioned as Shownu.
"It is, isn't it?" Xiumin agreed, narrowing his eyes at Shownu, "Though, we aren't actually being rude, considering you aren't actually a friend to any of us."
Shownu simply scoffed.
"It's a surprise you're here since you're technically supposed to be expelled from any school in this city." said Lay.

"Well, my father does have his ways." Shownu replied.

"How do you have the nerve to come here and speak to us after what happened?" Kyungsoo asked furiously.
Wonho and I looked at each other to see if any of us knew what the whole commotion was about.
I cut into the conversation because not knowing what this was about was kind of giving me a headache.

"What are you guys talking about?"
"Leave your girlfriend out of this, Kyungsoo. We already have too much people as it is who know what happened." said a red-haired boy standing on the right of Shownu.
"She isn't my girlfriend, Jooheon. How many times have I told you this?!"
There it goes. The heartbreaking truth.
A tear threatened to fall but I successfully fought it back. This was definitely no time to show any emotion.

Kyungsoo's P.O.V

I heard a quiet, deep sigh from where Yeonjee sat. I turned my head in her direction and she showed no sign of emotion. I'm definitely sure I heard something and it seems that I wasn't supposed to hear the faint breath come out of her nostrils. I always regretted saying that she wasn't my girlfriend. It was something I've always wished wasn't true ever since she and I became friends. Her personality is so true and unique. She is actually interested in whatever I talk about unlike other girls who act interested to get you to talk to them. She is the only person I've ever let to call me by a nickname. This is something I've realised since today when I saw her cry when I told her the lie that I didn't like her. I've realised that...I love her.

I could never grow the courage to tell her how I really felt about her. It always hung about in my mind of how she would react once I told her.
Would she be thrilled?
Or....
Would that ruin our friendship forever?
Which one will it be?

My eyes snapped back to reality when someone nudged my shoulder.
"Kyungsoo, did you hear what they said?" Xiumin asked.
"What did they say?" I asked.
"Well, Shownu started flirting with Yeonjee and she looked like she was showing interest," Kai began, "They wanted to see if she wanted to hangout with them instead of us and she said she wasn't sure. So they, uh, kind of decided that we're gonna play for her."
I didn't understand. The guy shows up and suddenly starts showing interest in my best friend and he wants to play for her?
"Play? Play what?" I asked, slightly angry about this turn of events.
"Baseball." Kai answered.
I also didn't understand why we were talking like Yeonjee wasn't here. I looked to where she sat and...
SHE WASN'T THERE!
"Where is she?" I growled.

Chanyeol simply pointed a finger to a table opposite ours. There sat Hyungwon, Kihyun, Minhyuk, another member of their gang I.M, Jooheon, Shownu and two people I hadn't expected to be near them; Yeonjee and Wonho.

My heart was so much in pain. A pain so unbearable, I probably would've accepted several beatings to my body without question. I'd let lightning strike me without hesitation. I would now desperately wish for any type of any other pain if it meant making this pain leave my heart. I must've displayed my thoughts because Kai immediately reassured me that there was still a chance for us. Know one else knew how I felt about Yeonjee more than my boys.
After my reassurance, I looked up to see Shownu with his arm wrapped around her shoulders, pulling her close to his side, whispering something into her ear. She looked up to me and gave me an expression which looked like it said;
'Don't hate me'.
I probably would've done the opposite...

If only I wasn't so in love with this girl.
-------------------------------------------

Heya ma readers,

Was this chapter alright?
Was it good?
Is it getting good?

Tell me your thoughts by:

¤Vote
Or
¤Comment

Love,
KyungHoJin
💟💟💟