Chap 22: Old Wounds

Do Chaemyeon's (Kyungsoo's Dad) P.O.V

I could sense danger just from walking into that hospital. My wife, Haeryeon, clung to my arm with tears running down her face.

"Yeobo, gwaenchana?" I asked her
(Honey, Are you alright?)
softly.
"Ne, geokjeong hajimaseyo." She said
(Yes, don't worry)
wiping her tears.

I placed my hands on her shoulders gently to turn her to face me.
"It's okay if you cry, babe," I said trying to comfort her. "Our son is alright."
I held her close to my chest and kissed the top of her head as she began crying onto my shoulder.
"Uljima, our Kyungsoo is fine, I know
(Don't cry)
it." I tried to hush into her ear.
She looked up to me with a tear stained face, still beautiful as always.
"What if he isn't?" she sobbed. "Was this because of the gangs? I knew it was a bad idea to continue that tradition."

"How about we just go and see the boy, arasseo?" I said. "Ne." she replied.

I bent down to her height and placed a reassuring kiss to her lips. She closed her eyes as well as I and we broke away from each other so we could focus on getting to our son's room.
As we walked to the receptionist who sat at her desk sorting through papers, I wrapped one of my arms around Haeryeon's shoulders.
The receptionist looked up to our worried faces.
"Annyeong Haseyo," she greeted us with a bow of her head.
"Eotteoke doumi?"
(How can I help you?)
"Do Kyungsoo, jebal?" I asked her.
                          (Please?)
"Ah, Ne. What is your relationship with the patient?"
"We're his parents." Haeryeon answered.
"He is in Room A-14." she told us.
"Neomu gomawoseo." My wife said,
(Thank you very much.)
tears falling.

Together, we rushed frantically to get to the room our Kyungsoo was situated in. Throughout that time of running through those brightly lit halls, all I could think about was,

Without him, Haeryeon and I felt empty for the past 2 years.
We've gotten help from his friends to work as search parties along with helping the Tae family look for their darling, Yeonjee.

What happened to Kyungsoo and Yeonjee 2 years ago?

I needed these questions in our heads answered.
But first, I needed to hear what Kyungsoo had to say about his health.

We had finally made it to A-14 and saw that Kyungsoo was sitting on the outside of the room along with Yeonjee while a familiar face stood in the front of them. He's probably a friend of their's.
Kyungsoo looked in the direction of where we were and stood up with Yeonjee at his side.
I felt overjoyed with happiness to see my son again. Tears began to well up in my eyes and I felt the movement of my wife releasing from my warmth. I watched through my blurred vision as she ran to our quick limping son. They slammed into each other and began to cry vigorously into each other's shoulders.

I breathed heavily as my face transformed into a waterfall, crying all the tears that were shed in his 2 year absence. My eyes drifted away from their scene to Yeonjee who stood up from her seat, a sweet smile plastered on her face.

I walked over to her and wrapped my arms around her.
"Annyeong, Yeonjee." I greeted her as I stood back and bowed.
She returned the bow.
"Annyeong Haseyo, Mr. Do."
I heard footsteps approaching us and we saw that Kyungsoo and Haeryeon had joined us.
Kyungsoo came to me and I hugged him like I would lose him again if I let go.
He stepped back and looked from me to his mother who stood at my side.