Chap 30: Pyongsaeng Lake

Kai's P.O.V

Where are they?

Yeonjee and Kyungsoo have been missing for two days now.
It was just yesterday that I left Kyungsoo's place when he said he needed to start making his food. I remembered begging him to let me stay for the food but he totally rejected me by saying there wasn't going to be enough and Yeonjee has been gone since she said she was going to the grocery store earlier than that.

I was thinking about all the possibilities of their whereabouts as I was starting to get a little worried.

"What are you thinking about?" Krystal, my girlfriend, said, breaking me out of my thoughts.
"Nothing." I replied.
She got up from her back and turned over to lie her head on my chest. She began to draw patterns with her finger on my shirt.
"Are you thinking about Kyungsoo and Yeonjee?" She asked me.
I had totally forgotten how well she knew me after being together for almost a year now.

She cuddled to my chest more as I began to wrap my arms around her shoulders.
"Can we stay like this?" Krystal said, her voice soft and sweet.
"Why not?" I said, making her smile.

A few seconds after answering her, my phone began to ring.
I groaned and bent my arm to grasp my phone in the back pocket of my jeans.

태 연 지

Yeonjee-ssi?

I slid the green phone icon across the screen before putting the phone to my ear.

"Yeoboseyo?"
"Kai. Is it?" A deep, male voice answered.
It was a man. His voice was vaguely familiar though it was obvious that if I had heard his voice before, it sounded slightly different. Why would this guy have Yeonjee's phone?
"Who are you?" I asked feeling a little nervous.
I sat up with my back straight and I felt Krystal do the same.
"Who is it?" She asked me with a slightly worried expression.
I looked at her with wide eyes and shrugged.
"I don't know." I mouthed to her.

Focussing back to the call, I checked to see if the caller was still on the line.
"Yeoboseyo?"
"Mmm. I'm still here." He replied.
"Who is this?" I questioned again.
"Don't you remember? Well, I guess my voice would sound a little different after a couple of years."

I thought for a bit.

It definitely wasn't Kyungsoo-hyung, I would know it was him straight away.

It wasn't any of the other guys because other than Kyungsoo, Yeonjee won't allow any of them onto her phone.

I really couldn't figure out who the person was.

"I'm sorry but I don't think you ring a bell." I apologised.
"Let me give you a clue." He said.
I suddenly heard someone breathing hard.
"Kai..." The person breathed hoarsely. It sounded like Kyungsoo.
"Kyungsoo?" I asked.
"Mm." He answered softly, indicating I was correct.

I looked back at Krystal who still looked at me with worried curiosity.
"It's Kyungsoo and someone else." I mouthed to her.
Going back to the call, I asked if Kyungsoo was alright.
"Gwaenchanayo?"
"Mm, I'm totally fine." This was the other guy now.

A feeling of suspicion began to erupt inside if me, lighting up all the nerves in my body as the picture of the person who took Kyungsoo and Yeonjee away from us a couple if years ago started forming in my head.
I can't believe we all thought he was innocent.
"Where did you take him, Wonho?!" I growled fiercely into the device.
"Oh, Kai. Don't try to be hostile. Any wrong move made by you or any if your friends could be the equivalent to an early goodbye to your friends here, so you better be careful." Wonho said so casually.