Chap 18: Memory

Yeonjee's ('Jihyo') P.O.V

Many thoughts filled my head as I waited in line, in the bookstore, at the mall. I've been having dreams and visions for the past 3 months that give me an unexplainable feeling every time I have them. They were all similar to each other and only featured two people who were the same people each time, me and the man who was pulled into the ambulance with me on the night of the accident.

His face was familiar though, as if I've seen him before, not when I saw him laying almost lifeless in that stretcher but as if in another life, another time or maybe even before the accident.

He would tell me to follow him after taking my hand in his. The setting varied from dark forests to sweet, spring meadows, the meadows were my favourites.
"Follow me and you'll be fine. Don't be afraid." He would say in a soft and deep tone.
"Who are you?" I would ask the lovely stranger.
"Find me and you'll know, if you love me enough to do so." He would reply with.
Even though I could barely understand what he meant by that, I followed him anyway.

In the meadow, we would race through the lavenders and dandelions as they watched us while they were surrounded by bright green grass. The sun radiated warmth onto the stranger and I and sweat broke out on our foreheads. I felt like we ran for hours though I wasn't even getting tired.

We abruptly stopped and the stranger turned around to show me an exhilarated expression. The corners of his lips reached his eyes as he gave me a picture-perfect smile.
"Do you know how much I love you?" he whispered into my ear.
"What?" I asked, unable to control my laughter.
"Hmm...so she makes fun of me aye?" he joked. "Well why don't I show you then?"
He leaned down to me and cupped my face with both of his soft hands. He tilted his head to the left and leaned in closer, pressing his lips to mine ever so gently.

My eyes drooped and eventually closed. I felt a warmth on his lips that not even the sun could compare to. My heart beat at an unbelievable speed. I weakly raised my arms onto his shoulders and wrapped them around his neck. As he pulled me closer to him, I felt his heart matching the actions of my own. His arms wrapped around my waist as he hugged me to the white shirt covering his chest.

Suddenly he stepped away and wore a pained expression. His eyes watered a little as he groaned. He touched the back of his neck and widened his eyes at me.
"Show me your left hand." he said kindly.
I raised my left hand to him and he widened his eyes. I looked to the hand myself and saw what wrapped around the fourth finger, the ring.

Juntae.

I looked back to the stranger and saw he began to fade away. I ran to him and clung on to his shirt.
"What's happening?!" I screamed.
"Find me, Yeonjee..."

Yeonjee?

And that's when I would wake up to see my husband, Juntae, sleeping peacefully with his loving arms wrapped around me protectively.

The man in the crash, he didn't seem to be just a taxi driver to me anymore...
......................................................................

Kyungsoo's P.O.V

It's been hard to concentrate on my job in the bookstore for almost a year. Strange visions and dreams have appeared to me in my sleep. They featured me and a girl I couldn't put a name to. She led me through abandoned theme parks and sunny meadows. Her smile was soft and gentle and made me think if I've ever seen her before.

"Hurry up!" She laughed, a voice of velvet. "We're gonna be late!"
She held my hand and pulled me with her towards an unknown destination, unknown to me at least.
"Where are we going?" I yelled through heavy breaths. We ran for so long that my legs weren't feeling any tiredness at all, only anticipation.

We stopped in the middle of the brightly coloured field of green with splashes of yellow and purple hidden inbetween.
She turned to me with a gentle and wide smile that played joyfully on her lips when we stopped.
"Close your eyes." she said as I looked down at the porcelain figure that stood in front of me.
I let my eyelids drop as I awaited her 'surprise'.  Suddenly, soft and smooth lips met mine sweetly. She held onto the collar of my favourite white shirt as she pulled me closer.

I could feel my arms wrap around the stranger's waist as if they had a mind of their own. We stayed like this for a while until I felt a stinging sensation on the back of my neck. I backed away roughly and felt my eyes begin to water. When my fingers found the spot on my skin that felt burnt, I could feel that it was some sort of line.

I looked back to the stranger and saw she widened her eyes at a golden ring that hung around the fourth finger on her left hand. She tried desperately to pull the ring off but it stayed attached to the finger as if it was cemented onto it. She looked at me and tears stained her beautiful face. In an instant, she began to float away. I grabbed hold of her wrist.
"I don't love him! I don't love him!" She screamed as tears spilt uncontrollably.
"Who? What's happening?!" I yelled in desperation for an answer.
"I love you...I love only you... Kyungsoo...."

Kyungsoo?

My eyes readjusted as I realized I was probably blanking out at work.
"I'm sorry, I must've blanked out," I said without looking at the customer yet. When I finally got hold of myself, I slowly looked at the customer while saying the usual script.
"What would you like to purcha–"
I looked at her with utter disbelief.

And she looked at me in the same way...

-------------------------------------------------------------

Heya errbody!!

I finally worked up an idea for this chapter because the writers block I had when I wrote the previous chapter almost rubbed off onto me when I was writing this chapter but I ninja chopped it away WATA!!

Anyway I wanna give my thanks to the readers of this story and those who voted and added this story to their reading lists because it is all and every single one of you that encourages me to keep writing this story. ♡(∩o∩)♡

Plus don't forget to checkout my EXO joke book and you can just laugh at how dumb it is lol

thanks to all of you

진짜 감사합니다 나의 친구들
너무 사랑해
KyungHoJin

PS. To those who haven't met me, I'm not Korean as you can tell by my bad Hangul and probably (I dunno) unrealistic made up Korean names lol ^ω^