Chap 19: 우리 다시 만나 (We Meet again)

Yeonjee/'Jihyo's' P.O.V

I stared at him for what felt like eternity. He looked at me in he same way.
"Have we met before?" We ask at the same time.
"You go first." The stranger said.
I looked behind me to see if anyone was behind and I saw there wasn't so if this person and I started a conversation, there wouldn't be anyone to stop us.

"I feel like I know you," I told him. "Do I?"
"I dunno but I feel like I know you too."
I was stunned. He felt the same way? If we both thought we knew each other, we had to be connected.
"Hey, Jungmin!" He called turning his head to what looked to be the door to the storage room.
"Eh?" A deep voice replied.
"Y'mind covering for me for now?"
"Fine but this is the last time. You got it, Joowon."

Joowon? I may not know this stranger but somehow that didn't sound right.
A blonde-haired guy walked out of the storage room with a cup of what smelt like fresh coffee. He wore round glasses that, to be honest, made his eyes look smaller than they already were. He wore a plain, baby blue shirt that was covered by a white cardigan. He wore bright green denim pants and white canvas shoes. If I didn't see him working in this store, I would've thought he was in one of those boy groups that acted cute, though his attitude wasn't all that cute.

"Hey, hottie," he said after looking up at me. He stopped in his tracks and fully turned around to look me up and down while biting his bottom lip. "Y'know, they say that kissing is the language of love and right now I'm in love with your lips so do you wanna start a conversation?" he said smirking, looking at me over his glasses and raising his eyebrows.

A good comeback came to mind.
"Well they say punching someone's face is the language of anger so do you want me to give you a lecture?"
The Jungmin dude looked at me with utter surprise as his jaw dropped and his eyes widened. I looked to Joowon and saw that he looked at me with satisfaction.

"Well, why don't we take a seat at the table over there?" Joowon asked looking to me after smiling and while biting his top lip to keep himself from laughing hysterically.
"Sure." I said before making my way to that table.
We sat down and looked over to Jungmin and saw he was making a telephone shape with his hand and fingers mouthing, "Call me."
I mimicked his actions and hung up the phone. Joowon broke into fits of laughter after watching our little charade. Jungmin finally left us be with his eyes to the computer that sat on the purchasing counter.

"Well that's something I haven't seen before." Joowon said.
"What do you mean?" I asked feeling confused.
"Well when a girl comes in and he flirts with them, they practically faint. Or they just blush like crazy." he laughed.
"Oh, well I'm committed to someone." I replied showing him the golden band on my left hand. Though, I felt like after seeing this person, it wasn't really something to brag about anymore. I didn't have that giddy feeling I had when I mentioned it to anyone before. I felt like, now, I realized that maybe it was an unconscious act.

Joowon didn't look so happy either. He wasn't too obvious about it but the aura around him showed it ever so clearly.
"Me too but we haven't set the date yet." he told me.
We both realized that maybe we weren't as happy as we ought to be. Our partners, well I don't know about his though maybe she's nice too, have done everything in their power to keep us happy. My Juntae and I rarely fought and when we did, it was something small like what flavour of bubble tea is the best. He made me feel so special and treated me like the queen of the world though I didn't ask so much of him. It made my heart ache to feel like I pretended to like all of it and my heart ached more to think that the spark that was in our relationship was only in his imagination.

"Why do you appear in my head everywhere I go?" I said suddenly. I wanted to get straight to the point. Dwelling on my point of view of my marriage wasn't going to really help me to understand the dreams and visions appearing to me.
Joowon's eyes widened at the sudden blow of my question. He blinked a few times before a slight rosy colour faded into his cheeks. I had to maintain my giggle by holding my breath.

"Y-you...you do that too?" he asked me. He's in the same situation?
"Um...I..I guess so." I replied.
"What was I doing in yours?" he asked, shock still evident in his voice.
"Well, you, uh, took me into a meadow."
"And?" he pressed.
"You kinda kissed me."
His mouth hung open.
"What about yours?" I questioned.
He looked down to his hands that lay on his thighs which were covered by the gray of his jeans.
He mumbled something under his breath.
"What?" I said.
He mumbled again.
"I really don't know what you just said."
"I said my dreams are the same. It's just, you took me into that meadow," he took a breath. "And we kissed too."
He looked up at me to see a face full of questions.

What does this mean?
Did we know each other before the accident?
Were we..

in love?

I stared at him for what felt like eternity. He looked at me in he same way.
"Have we met before?" We ask at the same time...

We repeated that same look when we first saw each other in this bookstore.
Just then, Juntae burst through the door.
"Ah, Jihyo, I found you." he said.
He came over to my seat and pulled me out of the chair and into his arms.
He gave me that look of affection and passion and kissed my lips softly.

There was no spark.

"I thought I lost you." he laughed.
I simply smiled.
He looked to the man I sat with and his happiness changed to a silent growl heard from his expression.
He turned back to me and said,
"Well, we better get going. We can't miss our flight."

Flight?  What flight? We never discussed a flight.

"What are you talking about?" I said though my anger was obviously not heard loud enough.
Juntae simply smiled.
"It was a surprise but I've planned for us to move somewhere where they'll be no stress or worry. Our plane leaves in 4 hours and I've already packed your stuff."
He practically tried to pull me out of the store but I held my ground as firm as I could.
"Where are we going?"
"That's a surprise too."
"Wait!" I yelled at him. His behaviour was so irrational that it just got annoying. He let go of me and stepped back a little.

I walked forward to Joowon.
"Thanks for the talk." I said as he stood from his seat.
"Yeah, it was nice meeting you. I hope we will see each other again in the future." he said making the second sentence low enough for only me to hear.
"Me too." I whispered.
He raised his hand for me to shake. I grabbed his hand to shake it when I felt something.

A spark.

It tingled under the skin on my hand where he touched it. Something else trailed up my arm, up my neck and into my head. I saw it and whispered it to myself, hearing how right it sounded on my lips. I looked up at him and he mouthed something also.

"Let's go." Juntae said as he grabbed hold of my wrist and pulled me out of the store. I watched as he stood there at the table watching me as I went away.

I couldn't let this man take me away from him.

I'll find a way to come back to you,
I love you enough to find you,
And I found you,
I love you....

Kyungsoo.
-------------------------------------------------------------
woohoo!!! Over 1k reads and sooo proud!

I would like to thank everyone single one of you who has added my story to your reading lists, commented on my story, voted for my story, read my story and even those who have just acknowledged my story ~♥~~♥~~♥~

Please:
¤Comment
¤Vote
and/or
¤Follow

진짜 사랑해요 친구들
감사합니다 😘😝🙌❤

KyungHoJin