63

*Phil*

I woke up to yelling. I slid out of bed noticing Dan wasn't there. I sighed and walked out of his room to figure out where the yelling was coming from. "Or else the Moon Goddess will pick another heir." I heard Dan's father yell. Dan retaliated, "Bullshit. You are expecting me to force my mate into sex. Phil's been beaten, abused, and raped his entire life. There's no way that this is what the Moon Goddess wants. " "Maybe, he isn't your mate then if he's not up to par. He almost killed you and then got himself captured. Why would the Moon Goddess pick such a weak mate for such a strong Alpha!" Dan's father shouted. With each word I felt like a stab to the heart. What am I doing? I don't belong here in this life. I should just be a normal person. I ran back to Dan's room to write a quick note before heading home. I can't stay here any longer. Walking into my house my mother was watching a movie. "Phil, hun are you alright?" she asked. I sighed saying, "I want to move or go stay with Aunt Meg." "Sweetheart, what happened? Did you and Dan get in a fight?" she asked. I started to tear up, "I don't want to talk about it." "Alright, let's load up the truck, we can head out tonight." she sighed. I got packing. 

.........................................................................................................................................

The car was all packed and we headed on our way. I leaned my head against the window and had Felix sitting in my lap. 

.......................................................................................................................................

We were about an hour away from my house when  my phone rang. It's Dan. I didn't answer it and blocked his number. He called nine more times. Then my mother's phone rang. "It's Dan." She said. I choked up saying, "Don't answer it." I stared out the window as tears began to flow freely down my face.