Chapter 28 - God Save the Future King

"Scar why did you say all that? I thought you wanted Dalton back?" Sarah said when I finished giving her the play by play of events after she left the conference room. A maid named Gretchen had escorted us to our rooms in the west wing. She was a short lady whose accent was so thick that at times it was hard to understand what she was saying. Although I was still steaming with anger her kindness and offer to assist if we needed anything else was enough to warm my heart. She explained to us that our rooms were on the first floor of the west wing and all royals and dignitaries stayed on the second floor in the east wing. In a castle as large as this it literally felt like we were miles away from the conference room in the east wing.

"I do." I say as I flop backwards onto the side of the bed. I couldn't tell if I was tired from all the plotting and scheming to get into the place or from emotional exhaustion. "I really really do but when I saw him all these emotions hit me at one time. All I could think about were the last words we said to each other. All the hurtful things he said to me and I got so angry. All I wanted to do was to make him hurt. Even just a little so he could feel the pain I felt when he walked out that door."

I closed my eyes and pictured the look on Dalton's face when I said we were going to leave and never come back. At the time I was satisfied at his pained expression but now I was disappointed in myself. Dalton left the first time because he didn't have all the facts and now I threaten him just as he realizes the truth. He didn't deserve the screams I yelled and the dagger's I threw with my eyes. He was a confused prince faced with a dilemma he never thought he'd be in. I'm sure there was never a prince class that instructed the do's and don'ts when you get your one night stand pregnant and fall in love with her. Given our current circumstances though they may consider adding one now.

"Well not to take sides but it's kind of your own fault for him leaving." Sarah said and I couldn't stop myself from giving her cold eyes. "He must still really care about you though to let us stay here tonight. Who would have thought little old country Sarah Nelson from Quinton Texas would be spending to next three days in a firkin palace? I mean look at this place." She said stretching her arms out wide and twirling in a little circle like she was in a movie. "Have you even checked out their mini bar? It might as well be a full out bar in your room."

I lay there silently flipping through channels on the flat screen TV mounted on the wall as Sarah investigated my mini bar and started mixing drinks. This was one of the most luxurious rooms I had ever been in. The bed sat in the middle of the room with big soft downy pillows and silk sheets that threatened to make me slid off the bed. The interior of most of the rooms were green and gold like their kingdoms flag. There were green walls with gold accents that made the rooms and hallways shine and glitter. The bathroom had both a shower and tub like the really old ones where the handmaids had to fill them with pitchers of water. On one wall hung the picture of a family that was obviously royalty – maybe it was one of Dalton's great great grandparents and their children. On one side of the bed was a desk equipped with pen and paper and the other side sat a golden couch in front of the window. The window gave the most magnificent view of the garden as the fountains flowed and the sun glistened on the water. I would make it my duty to spend at least one day in those gardens just to relax. This place was like somewhere straight from a fairytale but with Wi-Fi that was fast as the speed of light.

Sarah handed me a glass of some concoction she had created that nearly burned the tissue off my esophagus. Apparently that was Sarah's plan as she laughed at the expression on my face. I slid over on the bed so Sarah could sit with me. "Be honest Sarah. What should I do? I'm at a total lost." I asked. There aren't many times when Sarah is silent but she was now waiting to get her words together.

"Standing in your shoes I honestly don't know what to do but standing on the outside looking in the answer is very simple. Be patient. The Dalton I know loves you and Skylar and he's probably not going to do the extra test. He wants you and Sky in his life. His problem is his mother and that's a battle you can't fight for him. When it comes to Princess Hailee if she can't get along with Skylar then you can already count her out. She's no competition to you. So stop worrying because your great just being you."