Chapter 23 - Extraction

I struggled to open my eyes in the dark room. A kick to the leg helped straighten out my vision and remember where I was. Scarlett lay next to me once curled up on my chest and now holding tight to her pillow. Loud snores escaped her mouth as she readjusted herself kicking me once more. I attempted to comb my fingers through her wild bed hair. They tangled up a few times but it never woke her from her sleep. It felt nice to have the warmth of her body next to mines like this. I traced a finger down the crook of her neck, the curve of her shoulder and line of her bare back. There was still sweat on her skin from our night of passion. Every kiss and touch brought memories of our first time to mind but it still couldn't compare to the things we did last night.

I slowly slide out the bed trying not to wake Scarlett. Stretching my arms I felt pain on my back and knew immediately what it was. Scratches from Scar's nail and they would definitely leave a mark. I made my way to the living room that was in total disarray. Furniture was thrown everywhere with various pieces of clothing on top of them. I put on my boxers and then grabbed my phone from my jeans.

27 missed calls & voicemails from Mother Dearest

45 Text Messages from Mother Dearest

2 missed calls from His Royal Ass

1 missed call & voicemail from Mr. Rogers Sizzle Magazine

I could tell what each message was about before even reading or listening to them. Mother wanted to fuss at me for going against her will. Father was happy he won the bet but upset that I created such a mess on our final night in the states. Mr. Rogers wanted what everyone else wanted right now, the royal scoop of the year. All were important in their own way but I wasn't ready to deal with the world outside of these four walls. I wonder how much the paparazzi and news writers had learned about us. What person in our lives who we barely knew was trying to sell a story saying they were best friends with us?

A quick google search of my name would bring up the usual but I was sure Scarlett's would be different. The page loaded and thousands of articles were listed. They knew everything about her - where she worked, hung out, even the last time she got her nails done - but everything about our relationship was a lie. Some said that she forced her way into a date when we interviewed for Sizzle Magazine. The next report was that she was a one night stand, pregnant, and my mother was forcing us to marry. It was almost true but still mostly false.

The longer I scrolled the more ridiculous the stories became. Like reality TV it was stupid but I couldn't look away until a call came through. It was James second in command Kris.

"Your majesty I'm glad you're awake. Reinforcement has finally gotten the crowds to settle and disperse. It would be best if you came down now for extraction. Paparazzi left your penthouse hours ago." Kris said.

"Is it possible for me to stay here until it's time for our flight. Scarlett may be going with us now." We hadn't had a chance to talk about it yet but it would be hard for us to leave the future Queen on Ravensburg here and plan a wedding there.

"Negative sir. They're just on a break for now but they will be back in full force at any moment. It's now or never. We'll come back later for Ms. Newton. Her extraction will be easier than yours."

"If you insist I guess I'll have to get ready. Give me ten minutes. Where's James, Kris? I thought he was leading my extraction."

"He wanted to be here your highness but he said he needed a little bit of leave time to get his affairs in order before we leave. I can get him on the line if you like though sir."

"No need. I'll be downstairs in ten." I quickly grabbed my clothes and started to get dressed. How rude is it to leave your fiancée after the first night of engagement before she even wakes up. My only choice is to write a note and hope she understands.