41. Jin: That one crush

Wooooow I haven't posted in so long omg.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Your Pov

I sat in the cantine during lunch break. My friends seemed to be talking to me, but I didn't pay attention to them. All I could think about was him. The only time I could see him was during lunch breaks since we weren't in the same class. I looked around, my eyes scanning every table, until I finally found him. Kim Seokjin, my ultimate crush.

He sat with his friends, who once were my friends too, and a few girls.

I'd met him when I was 6. My parents moved to Seoul and I went to a new school with a lot of new people. I was only a child back then, but he caught my eye the first day I saw him. It didn't take us long to become friends and I loved hanging out with him and his friends. Namjoon, Yoongi, Hoseok, Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook all meant a lot to me as well, but I never had had feelings for them. They were more like brothers to me.

As years passed by, we went to middle school and our friendship remained. Unfortunately, things changed when we went to high school. He and his friends became very popular, they were confident and handsome. Unlike them, I became more shy. My feelings for Jin always remained, but I thought I wasn't good enough for him and so, I never told him about my feelings. I was just one of the many girls who had a crush on him, and I knew Jin could get better than a girl like me.

In 9th grade, when I was 15, he got a girlfriend. My heart broke everytime I saw them together or when I thought about him being with someone that wasn't me, I just couldn't take it.

Now, a year later, he still is in a relationship with that girl. I kind of got used to it. And since I had a great group of friends, I had regained my confidence. My friends knew about my crush and told me to just go for it.

I had just turned 16 and knew something had to change. I'd liked him for 10 years and these feelings just wouldn't go away.

When I saw Jin in the hallways, we would just pass by each other without saying anything, he didn't even look at me. Sometimes, when I wore a certain outfit, I would catch him staring. It made my day when I knew he'd seen me.

"Y/N?, are you even listening?" My friend, Sooyoung said and poked me in my stomach.
"Huh? Oh sorry I was distracted" I answered.
"As always"
I looked at my friends, who had all turned to me.
"What?" I asked.
"You gotta do something about this Y/N" Eunbi said. I knew what they were talking about. I frowned, shaking my head. Eunbi sighed "you've liked him for 10 years, and you still refuse to do something about it, why?"
"He could reject me" I said.
"Is being rejected worse than this, always looking at him from a distance and never even greeting him? Girl what are you waiting for? You are funnier and prettier than that girlfriend of his. You have nothing to lose"

She had a point. Jin and I already didn't talk, so I didn't know why I kept my feelings a secret.

The next saturday, I was walking my dog. I'd just bought a pomeranian puppy and near my house was a beautiful park where she could play with other dogs. I sat down on a bench and released my dog. It wasn't long before someone sat down next to me.
I turned to see who it was. I was greeted by a smiling face. Kim Taehyung. He was the only one I would still greet when we passed by each other. "Hi" He said. "Is that your dog?" I nodded "Her name is Kimchi"

"She's adorable" Taehyung picked her up and cuddled with her. Kimchi seemed to already have taken a liking to Taehyung and lied down on his lap. "I think she likes you" I smiled at the sight.

"It's been a long time since we had a real conversation" Taehyung said.
I nodded and told him I missed him and his friends. "We were like best friends, until a few years ago and now, it's like everything didn't happen at all. It makes me sad when I think about it." I said.

"Hm, makes me wonder, what happened. Definitely between you and Jin. I mean, we weren't blind, it was clear you were closest to him"

"You wanna know what happened?" Taehyung nodded. "My feelings happened"

I laughed a little at myself. "I had a crush on Jin, and my hormones fucked me over." Taehyung only laughed as if I'd just said something completely normal. "I know" he said. I raised an eyebrow at him. "As I said, we weren't blind"

Taehyung was quiet for a while. "You know, I think you should talk to him. He has a girlfriend, yes, but I know that he misses you. He talks about you once in a while. A best friend cannot be forgotten that easily"

After talking a lot with Taehyung, I took Kimchi with me and went back home. The next day I sent Jin a text 'Hi, this is a little random, but I need to talk to you. Please meet me at 1pm, at the playground near our primary school.' My hands were shaking as I pressed the 'send' button. Half an hour later I received an answer, 'Sure'. Short, but at least he answered.

About a quarter to 1, I arrived at the playground. No one else was there, luckily. I sat down on a swing which reminded me of all the times Jin and I went here and played. Not long after, Jin arrived as well.

With a slight smile on his face he sat down on the swing next to mine. "Hello" He said. It had been more than a year since he'd said something to me. "Hi" I greeted him, but didn't have the guts to look at his face. We sat a few minutes in silence, until he started talking "all the memories are coming back to me" he paused to laugh.

"Remember that one time you dropped your icecream in the sand. You were so sad, so I gave you mine, but you dropped that one too. I still remember the look you gave me as tears started forming in your eyes. You kept apologizing to me. 'I can't do anything right!' you said. Then I hugged you and said it didn't matter. I always felt like I had to protect you, and I still do. We don't talk a lot anymore, but I know you're very clumsy." Suddenly, he stopped talking. For the first time in more than a year I looked at him, and we made eyecontact.

"I missed you" I blurted out. And while I was at it, might as well tell him everything. "I've liked you for 10 years now, and I thought it was time for you to know." I bit the inside of my cheek. "I love you, and I don't care if you have a girlfriend or if you don't love me back, but I just want to get this over with." As I talked, his eyes never left mine."

A smile formed on his face. "I missed you as well. The years we spent together were definitely my favorite years. As you know, I got a girlfriend now. So let's be friends again. I haven't spoken to you in a long time and maybe if we still feel that strong connection between us, I will break up with my girlfriend. Honestly, you are the only girl I ever felt this kind of connection with"

I nodded, I didn't expect him to immediately break up with his gf and come to me. I'm glad he's giving us a chance. "I'm glad, I really missed talking to you and the others" before we both headed back home, we hugged and he kissed me on the forehead. We waved each other goodbye and seperated our paths.

Two months later.

It had been a while since Jin and I had our special conversation. And I couldn't have been happier. I convinced my friends to sit with Jin and his friends. Suddenly, lunch breaks were amazing. My girls actually liked the guys as well and after a few weeks, we were one big group of friends. Jin had broken up with his gf because she actually was very arrogant, and after a while he asked me to be his girlfriend. I don't have to tell you what my answer was :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the story of my life, except for the happy end because my story does not have an end yet.

Anyways I hope you enjoyed this story, please let me know by commenting or voting :)

Lots of love