Chapter 16: ➣ Happy...I Mean, Gabriel The Cat

Start from the beginning

Man, I'm so attached to an asshole.

Crashing my own thought train, I sighed and lifted my gaze back to the reality in front of me, in which Jason was trying hard to escape a rubbing alcohol armed Natasha. 

"Jason!" She snapped, frustrated with his resistance, "Hold the fuck still!"

"No! That shit hurts!" He bellowed, climbing desperately onto the bed on the infirmary trying to slip away from her claws, 

"Suck it up! Be a man and rub some dirt in it!" I pointed out smugly, watching him glare back and ignore me.

"Gabe! Help me!" He cried turning to the other dark-haired male in the room. 

Shifting my gaze with a smirk, I eyed the silent gang member who sat in the armchair by the door, knuckles against his chin and gracing Jason's pleas in silence, "Die by yourself," He muttered, tapping his chin in ponder, making Jason's jaw drop immediately.

 "Asshole!" Jason grumbled just as Natasha grabbed his face, dabbing the alcohol infused cloth onto his bleeding lip when he least expected it, "What the fu-" He began, being cut off by a scream, much to my amusement.

I burst out laughing, clutching my stomach watching an infuriated Jason thrash around like a baby throwing a tantrum. I probably sound really weird, but this was the duct-tape ripper we were talking about, and it was for his own good anyways. I was just getting a whole duck-load of enjoyment out of it.

"By the way Sky," Gabe mumbled, breaking me out of my fit of laughter. Still snickering to myself, I glanced at him, beckoning him to continue, "Why did Xavier throw a fit over that soup?"

Uhhhhhhh...

"I dunno," I faced my palms to the ceiling and shrugged, "I mean, it's Xavier, so who knows?"

I actually didn't know why he was that mad about it. Either I was completely brain dead oblivious or it just wasn't obvious enough. Xavier is a bipolar asshole with possessive issues and sadistic facial expressions, so figuring out his wrath was like rocket science... at least to me.

"Hey, didn't you make that soup?" Natasha questioned, emphasizing the 'you', a small smirk on her face just before Jason screamed in pain.

"Yeah, I did," I pursed my lips thoughtfully, glancing back at Gabe, who sat there gazing at the floor.

Tilting my head in confusion and watched the cloud of pure evil soar over Gabe's head as he flicked his gaze to me. A malice glint flickered through his eyes making me gulp involuntarily. "He threw a fit over its loss because you made it..." He explained sinisterly, again emphasizing on the 'you'.

"Woah, you can't just assume that," I flapped my hands in the air dismissingly, chuckling to myself nervously,

What exactly is he getting at?

"Which could only mean one thing!" He declared, completely ignoring my sentence. I sighed before swallowing the lump in my throat and braced myself for his assumptions. Something told me this wasn't in my favor.

Gabe stared at me, the devilish expression still not clearing from his face, and cooed out the creepiest sentence ever, "He liiiiiiiiike you!" He sang making my jaw drop like an anvil.

Why does he sound like Happy the cat?!

Unbelievable... 

Even though the statement, I'm 200 percent isn't true, I still couldn't conceal the blush that sent steam from my face. "Can it, Gabriel!" I snapped, patting my boiling face to try and calm down. "Look, if anyone should be protective about anything, it's me! Because that little weedwhacker ate the soup I put my blood, sweat, and tears into!" I pointed accusingly at Jason and he glared back.

Well, I didn't actually put all that in...

"Ew, Did you actually-" He began disgustedly, just before another expression of pain embraced his face and cut him off.

"But you made it for Xavier," Natasha clarified, with a smirk, all of practically ignoring Jason's screams and pleas.

"God, not you too," I groaned in annoyance, "It was my ticket out, okay? I'm not growing old at the foot of Xavier's desk!" I exclaimed, brimming with exasperation. They just don't get it, Xavier is an asshole!

"I know, I know," Gabe laughed loudly. God, the little weedwhacker! "You look so adorable when you're all flustered," He cocked his head with a smug expression making me flush all over again.

Man, I really wasn't one for compliments.

"Geez, get off my case!" 

🐥 ---------------------------🐥

"You know..." Gabe began, his eyes casting over to the walls on either side of us and his hands tucked casually in his jean pockets during our back from the infirmary, "I may have figured out why Xavier went on a rampage,"

I flicked my head, catching his smug gaze once more, "Whatever it is, keep it to yourself," I murmured already growing with annoyance.

"Daww, don't you wanna hear why your precious Xavier got mad?" He teased, cocking his head in front of mine as we kept walking.

"Gabe, my wing is itching to land a print on your face," My left eyebrow twitched at the sentence and I gazed at the wall beside me rather than his stupid face.

He laughed, nodding understandingly at the duck references. He already figured out I was a duck, he didn't need to clarifications, unlike Xavier. "Why doesn't any of you get, he's trying to kill me!" I exclaimed, knowing it all too well. That gun in Xavier's waistband has Skyler Brooklyn all over it.

Even my ducking last name! Which means it won't change anytime before my death! How sad...

"Well he hasn't killed you yet, so that's a start," Gabe shrugged, continuing our walk. I chuckled at his statement, staring ahead. A comfortable silence hung over the both of us for a few minutes before Gabe broke it.

"Xavier likes anything that was made specifically for him," He mumbled, giving me an I-can't-believe-I'm-telling-you-this look after much debating about telling me.

"Come again?" I blurted, looking at him as if he's just given me a maths pop quiz.

"Xavier lost his parents at a young age so that parental love almost every child gets, he never had," He explained grimly, "So when you made that for him, it wasn't like the chef made dishes, it was made from hard work and love,"

"So he got pissed off when Jason stole it," I finished, my mouth opened into a thoughtful 'o' shape with understanding. Now I get it. 

I guess it was like I lost my mom, even though I had spent a good amount of my childhood with her, it still left me torn and missing out on a lot of things other girls my age and their mothers did.

I guess Xavier never had even the littlest I had.

Hold on....

What's this strange feeling I'm getting towards that gang leader asshole? Ugh, whatever it was, I didn't want to have it anymore!

It was creepy.

"One more thing," I turned my head to Gabe, who nodded letting me continue. 

"Go on,"

"I think I put more hate into that soup than love," 

🐥 ---------------------------🐥

So I was gonna say before but completely forgot, that most of the random references in my book, some will understand and some won't, especially in some movies, T.V shows, songs or Animes (mind you I watch every random thing to cross my path) but personally I love writers who put in references like that, because everytime I will scream giddily because I get it.