Chapter 34: ➣ Looks Like Voldemort Finally Grew That Nose

The small moment of silence dissipated as Xavier's emerald-colored eyes slowly followed the ground before he gazed at me. I sat panting anxiously on the concrete where I was originally when I shot the gun.

It looked like a final boss battle.

"Skyler," He breathed out, his eyes softening when he saw me sitting on the ground. He sounded like he was struggling to keep standing, despite me being the one on the ducking floor. My lower lip trembled at the sound of his gentle voice as the tears brimmed my sight.

"Xavier!" I choked on my words, the panic and fear slowly registering in my mind. My hands cupped in front of my mouth at the sight of and I felt like I wanted to cry. My hands were bruised, and covered in dirt while my knees felt sore from being against the concrete, but I was panicking, and I was panicking hard.

The blood-soaked dagger clattered to the ground beside his feet and the gun followed soon after. He turned to face me and his eyebrows trembled for a moment as he reached his hand over the blood-stained shirt tucked into his belt.

My eyes widened when he casually lifted his shirt to reveal the large deep red slash that adorned his right hip. What made it even worse was this Grade-A mongrel reached into the ducking wound. His face contorted in pain for a brief moment as he fished the bullet lodged into his own side and held it up like it was a fricken thorn or something!

HOW THE DUCK DID HE NOT DIE?!

I felt like I was going to be sick just looking at it.

The bullet clattered onto the concrete beside the gun and dagger before Xavier's hollow eyes met mine again. A small smirk washed over his face at the sight of my shocked twitching expression. That was about the last thing he did before he fell to his knees.

"XAVIER!" I screeched as his body hit the ground with a loud echoing thud.

The next few moments felt like a blur. Loud yelling and commands sounded behind me followed by clattering footsteps. The rest of the team had made it to the helipad after possibly handling the rest of Argent's men. I wanted to get off my ass and go to him but I couldn't. My entire body felt like it had been hit by a truck, Regina George style.

Other people rushed to him in my wake as my sight started to get hazy. "Sky! Fuck Sky are you okay?!" I could make out Gabriel's voice amongst the loud noises and I could feel someone wrapping their arms around me.

"Xavier," I mumbled trying to push past the arms holding me down. I had close to no strength left to even keep my own consciousness. The adrenaline running through my veins had slowly dissipated and the pain was slowly catching up to me.

"She looks like she's hurt real bad, Sky can you hear me?" I could barely trace the outline of Natasha's head as she crouched in front of me, holding my face. My head was starting to spin, but I could see Xavier's collapsed figure over her shoulder as Nathan and Jason ran to him.

"Stupid asshole, you better not die," I muttered, my head slowly getting heavier as I leaned it on Gabe's bicep, "Or else...I'll...kill you myself,"

🐥 ---------------------------🐥