Chapter 25: ➢ Frequent Kidnapping Card

Whaaaaaat?! Two updates in a row?! Who am I? 

Okay mainly because I actually went through and reread my own story today and felt really inspired to finish it off. The purpose of TGP was just to make people laugh and have their interests shown in a story (hence all the random references). So I guess I decided to finish this story off for its intended purpose lol.

Anyways read ahead my dear Raft, your supplier of ducking goodness is back!

*TW* have not reread! CRINGE AHEAD.

🐥 -------------------------🐥

EMPTY.

Oh god, not this again! I groaned loudly before swinging open the other side of the fridge door, only to be faced with possible tumbleweed running through my fridge shelf. Those greedy gang members devoured everything I had in my stash of survival food. They even ate the black jelly beans I had left in the packet?! Who the hell eats the black jelly beans?!

I hung my head, pouting at my rumbling stomach before slamming the fridge door shut again. There has got to be something. Desperately I yanked back the drawers in my bare kitchen, rummaging through the expired pasta and random spices. It was so empty even the rats have moved out.

I sighed loudly upon realizing there was absolutely nothing left for me to eat in this entire house. I straightened up in defeat with my hands on my hips staring between my two options that sat upon my kitchen benchtop.

"Alright, which one you are going to be breakfast?" I asked the inanimate objects as they sat sadly on the counter. My hard choice was between a few wilted Brussel sprouts on my left and a bag of almost expired coffee on my right. 

For any VSCO girl, it would've easily been the coffee, but unfortunately, there's no such thing as VSCO ducks and I preferred hot chocolate anyway.

Disgustedly, I averted my gaze to the Brussel sprouts that sat there. The longer I stared at it, the sicker I got just thinking about eating it. How do people even prepare Brussel sprouts in a meal? "Maybe next time," I gagged to myself before throwing the ugly green little vegetable in the bin and grabbing the bag of coffee beans.

Busting out my rusty coffee machine I shook the bag, watching 4-6 coffee beans fall into the funnel. A frown etched on my face as I sighed. Man, I feel like that kid Charlie Bucket. 

Except I looked more like the Oompa Loompa.

I poured the few drops of coffee into my cup before sloppily walking outside onto my veranda, leaning again the wooden fence skirting the deck. The familiar sounds of birds chirping and cars bustling by graced my surrounding as I tried not to cringe at the taste of plain black coffee. 

"Okay I'm sick of it," I declared loudly, before hanging my head. Who was I kidding? Coming out here by myself. I can't live alone, I've been here all but 11 hours and I already felt like I wanted to go crawling back. Hands and Knees, as much as that weirdo Xavier would love that.

I slouched down on the wooden railing and gazed back at the decking over my shoulder at where I had the small memory of conversing with Xavier that night they stayed over.

Did I say conversing? I meant accidentally locking lips with my gorgeous kidnapper. 

Damn, I really must have Stockholm syndrome.

I groaned out loud, patting my blazing red cheeks at the thought of what happened that night. Of course to Xavier, it never happened, but to me, he was my first kiss. And he doesn't want anything to do with me, man I really hate my life.