Chapter 24: ➢ Evil Loathsome Little Cockroach

Small mists of rain fell gently on my face as I walked down the cold and empty side of the road. It had been about an hour since I ran out of the Dante residence and have been scouring the streets trying to find my way back to town. 

I was freezing my feathered little tail off.

Yet all this felt familiar. The rain showering down on my body, the dark and wet road I was treading down, the unexplained emotion that hung in the air. It felt like the time I went blindly into town looking for a convenience store for my Ben and Jerry's. The same night I got kidnapped and possibly changed my entire world as I know it.

I still never got that ice-cream.

"Stupid Xavier and his stupid little gang and all their stupid little secrets," I muttered furiously under my breath as I trudged down the road, my arms wrapped around myself to keep from shivering to death.

If anyone else saw me right now they'd think I was a runaway demon hag.

"You are absolutely useless. The only reason you're even around is because your fucking father decided to abandon you and your worthlessness and take my money with him instead!"

AH jeez, why am I remembering that toad's words now of all things, instead of possibly a route to a fricken grocery store even?

Was I really so bad that everyone just keeps leaving me? First, my mom, then my dad, and then the one person I seem to have found refuge with, hates my guts.

Fricken Xavier Dante, that evil loathsome little cockroach. Ruining my life and everything! Ugh!

How the hell did I even land in this mess?! I was living my life perfectly one day and then all of the sudden I was shoved in a van, forced to work unpaid child labor and serve a stupid idiot playing gang leader. In the end, I never even got my goddamn ice cream!

As if on cue to mentioning the ice cream, my stomach let out a small grumble. "it's okay tum tum, we'll find something to eat soon," I sighed, patting my lower stomach in exasperation. I hadn't eaten anything in the last 3 hours and dinner time was well and truly over. Everyone back at the mansion is probably enjoying an entire buffet while I'm out here starving. And Xavier probably doesn't even give a damn!

You know what?! I'm going to go get that ice cream. No bounty on my head, no gang members with guns keeping me hostage, and no Xavier to stop me and threaten to kill me! I am a free woman!

My small liberation speech was halted as the rain started thickening. Even if Xavier Dante wasn't going to kill me right now, hypothermia will. Throwing my hands over my head in a shield I broke into a run, sprinting about 3 miles per hour with my fatass being my top speed.

Even though it's been a good 60 minutes since I cursed Xavier to eternal damnation and made it here out on my own, no one had bothered to come after me. I chose to believe it's because Xavier told them not to and not because they didn't really care.

Sighhhhhh.

My own friends thought I was a nuisance...they were right of course but it still hurt!

On the bright side, I was free! Now if I could just make it back to my house, I still might be able to catch that episode of Teen Wolf. Can't wait to see one of my favorite characters, Allison, again!

Before long for my eyes to catch sight of a brightly lit area from over the hill making me almost shed a tear of joy. A town! I searched frantically for a road sign or something that tells me which town I was at. Maybe I was close to my own town.

My eyes widened as I registered the name of the town that graced the beaten old board a little way away from me. I was in my own town! What the heck how long was I walking for?! Ah man, my body feels like it was slammed on by one of Xavier's cars and I was starving from burning so much energy with little sustenance.