Chapter 30: ➢ It Can't Get Any Worse, Can it?

Erm...Mid semester break...? hehe. 

Sorry I have not reread this, this chappie had been weeks in the making, me doing like 100 words a day until I finally got to finish it today.

Hope you enjoy!

🐥 ---------------------🐥

I sat on the ground, my ashy knees on the concrete as I stared wide-eyed and mouth agape at the scene before me. Nothing was going through my mind, I felt a little sick at the sight.

I shouldn't have that third cup of instant ramen.

The cold night hair whistle through my knotted hair and I probably looked like Azula during her final fight with her brother. But what was in front of me looked worse...a lot worse.

My eyes slowly scanned down the panting figure who stood in front of me, a few feet away. His hair was messy and unkempt, covering his forehead and curtaining slightly over his eyes. His shirt was torn and untucked and the rest of him looked like he'd trampled through war.

Which is probably what he fricken did.

I couldn't form the word I wanted to scream out. I just stared at him, the information slowly processing in my two brain cells. Everything in front of me looked like it had come out of a horror film.

Xavier stood in front of me, staring down at the ground in a hard glare, his chest heaving up and down as if he had run a marathon. My eyes followed his arms staring at the empty barrelled gun in his left hand and the sharp weapon in his right hand, it was dripping in blood. When I had finally registered what the heck was going on, the shock that ran through me made my heart tighten.

He was covered in blood.

Everywhere.

His once white shirt was stained in the red liquid complimented by the slashes and streaks of maroon on his face along with gashes and cuts. He didn't say anything as his emerald-colored eyes slowly followed the ground before he gazed at me.

"Skyler," He breathed out, his eyes softening when he saw me sitting on the ground. He sounded like he was struggling to keep standing, despite me being the one on the ducking floor. 

"Xavier!" I choked on my words, the panic and fear slowly registering in my mind. My hands cupped in front of my mouth at the sight of and I felt like I wanted to cry. My hands were bruised, covered in dirt and dust and my knees felt sore from being against the concrete, but I was panicking, and I was panicking hard.

I don't do well under stress.

He looked like he was hurt real bad. Blood was dripping down his right hand, seeping down to the tip of the blade in his grip before pooling on the floor beside him. Every stain of red on him was making me panic even more. 

What in the hell was I suppose to do?! Just the sight of the blood on his was making me feel queasy. I was running out of time and my brain still hadn't thought of a plan. 

He was right there in front of me, covered in blood, and yet I didn't know what to do.

We were so high up on the rooftop of Argent's mansion that even if I screamed for help, it wouldn't come in time.

What the hell am I suppose to do?! 

Ducks don't know First Aid!

🐥 ---------------------🐥