Chapter 29: ➢ Some Home Alone Shit

Gabriel's POV (an hour ago)

"I can't believe you set her up like that!" Natasha hissed through gritted teeth as she struggled to break out of my grip. I pursed my lips into a thin line and held her back from Xavier, who stood in front of us, his face as blank as a slate.

He's my best friend and everything, but the dude really knows how to keep a cool exterior.

"Easy Tash," I said calmly, pulling her away from him. Xavier didn't say anything, instead, he continued to buckle the straps on his drop bags around his upper body.

I chose not to say anything, mainly because as angry as I was at Xavier, he had already done what he did, and getting upset about it right now wasn't going to get us anywhere. Xavier had us gathered in the weapons storage before he explained the elaborate plan he had crafted.

One that involved using Skyler as bait.

Natasha was the first to lose it and she had snapped at him with a barrage of lectures and yelling. It was clear that she had a close relationship with Sky, even if she was barely around due to her daily jobs, she had a soft spot for her, like an older sister figure. Xavier didn't even flinch or show any emotion at Tash's lecture as she tried to lash at him.

No one in the room spoke, or display any more forward feelings than Natasha who was losing her shit in my grip. They all silently began gearing up for the mission as if nothing had happened.

"You really are a dickhead Xavier!" Tash sneered at him, as she continued to fight out of my hold to try and possibly left hook our leader. Tash knew with Xavier's skill set, she probably wouldn't even put a scratch on him, but that did help dissolve her anger. 

"Nat, calm down," Nathan stepped in, beside me as he grabbed his sister's arm to pull her back. She scoffed at Xavier one last time before turning her back on him to face her brother and shaking his grip off her. "We have a mission to focus on, come on, gear up," He told her softly as she continued to glare at the ground. Xavier gave us one blank last look before turning to his table, his eyes scanning over the weapons and tactical gear he had scattered over it.

Silence engulfed the room as I continued to ponder about how Sky must be holding up right now. Xavier had explained to us before that Argent was being suspiciously passive towards Sky and she was weirdly cooperative, perhaps she didn't know how he was. Sounds like something Sky would do. Clueless idiot. 

If it wasn't her life on the line right now, I would've laughed about her iQ. 

Natasha glanced at Nathan for a split second before spinning around to face Xavier again. Nate and I both stiffened, ready to grab her again if she tried to go for Xavier, not for his sake but for hers. "Xavier," She called him calmly, waiting for him as he turned around, yet again with absolutely no expression on his face. This guy is a stone general I'm telling you. "I swear to you if she gets hurt-" 

"She won't," He spoke monotonously, not even hesitating for a moment as he held Natasha's gaze with absolute intent, "I won't let her get hurt,"

I could tell by the stiffening of Natasha's figure, that she didn't expect Xavier to ever say anything even remotely close to those lines. Xavier giving a shit about anyone other than himself was foreign so it was astonishing to even hear him confirm Skyler's safety like that. 

"Now if you're done lecturing me, Natasha, I expect all of you to be geared up and at the drop point in 20," He said lowly, before pulling his blazer on. Natasha didn't give him a response, just gave him a curt nod and walked away to get her gear on. 

I myself was already strapped and ready to go.

"How are you going to get her out of there," I questioned, walking up to Xavier as he tucked a couple more weapons into the hidden pockets of his blazer. For an assassination, the guy was very well dressed in a navy blue suit.