Episode 5: Trickster Dipper

(Parallel To & Based On: Little Dipper, Summerween, Boss Mabel)

"Grunkle Ford?" Mabel asked gently, as she walked into his private office.

No one was there.

"Where is he?"

She looked around the museum.

"ENTER, AND EXPERIENCE, THE AMAZING, AND SCIENTIFICALLY ACCURATE MYSTERY MUSEUM!"

There he is.

"Grunkle Ford?"

"COME FOLKS, THE PLACE IS EQUALLY DIVIDED INTO NEAT SECTIONS OF DIFFERENT CREATURES AND KNICKKNACKS!"

"Grunkle Ford," she sighed.

"IT'S PERFECTLY PLEASANT FOR ALL MATHEMATICALLY AND SCIENTIFICALLY SPECIAL PEOPLE, YES SIR," he answered a random man.

She took a deep sigh, while saying," Grunkle Foorrrrrrrrddddddd!"

He turned around. "Oh, yes, Mabel?"

"Can I be boss for a day? Pretty please? I wanna experience stress and being tired, so I'll be at least a bit prepared for the real world," she begged with all her reasons.

Ford pursed his thick eyebrows together, and adjusted his eyeglasses. Mabel took this as a good sign.

"Let's discuss this in my office," he said sternly.

They quietly walked to his office.

Ford shouted back, "Melody, take charge!"

"But Sir, I have to attend to my Grandpa's hair today. I worked on the weekends for this," she replied.

"Robbie?"

"Uh-huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhh," he said while snoring.

Ford sighed, and sat on his chair, facing a Mabel who was waiting eagerly for his reply on a chair.

"I understand that your reasons are very good-intentioned, but the work here is different from what you probably want to have," he replied.

Mabel's face dropped. She hopped off her chair, and walked away miserably. "Okay, I'll just go unprepared for the future. There goes all my hopes and dreams," she mumbled.

"Fine," he gave up to her manipulation.

She ran back, and gave him a hug.

"THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU, GRUNKLE FORD!"

As she was about to leave, he reminded, "Just for a day, okay, sweetie?"

"That means tomorrow," he added.

"Okay!"

She rushed up to the attic, and tackled Dipper in one of her strangling hugs.

"Your plan worked! Finally, now I can—"

"I know, I know. Blah blah blah, good intentions, blah blah blah," he said, while laughing. "So when are you boss?"

"Tomorrow!"

"Good for you," he hugged back, just as tight as she did. "Anyway, I snuck into your journal and found a page that says something about Summerween candy. I wanna try some, so I'm gonna find it," he said, determined, but not completely serious.

Mabel got back to her senses. "I don't think that's a really good idea, considering—"

But Dipper was off.

With her journal.

But he came back, and took his grappling hook.

Then he left, and was actually off.