Episode 2: HDTP - Part 8

"MABELMABELMABELMABEEEEEEL! JUST 2 MINUTES AND 52 SECONDS UNTIL MY AND PACIFICA'S DATE!"

"Mhm," she ignored him, and flipped a page of the journal.

"49, 48, 47, 46, 45, 44..."

"OOOOOH! Ghosts... I wonder where we can find them in this town. Where, where, where," she wondered.

"37, 36, 35, 34, 33, 32..."

DING-DONG! The familiar doorbell of the museum was heard.

"I GOT IT!"

He ran downstairs, faster than his sister running away from a spider.

He counted with his fingers, then said, "Hi Pacifica! You're 2 minutes and 27 seconds early!"

"Pleasure to see you too, Dipper," she smiled.

"Maybe it was 29," he mumbled.

"OH! Let's go now, follow me," he grabbed her hand, and ran.

"DIPPER, PLEASE, DON'T RUN, MY DRESS IS GONNA GET RUINED," she pleaded.

He apologized, and let go of her hand, "Whoopsies! Sorry! Let's just walk, then!"

As they walked to wherever Dipper planned for them to go to...

Wait, an arcade?

Hold on... Wait, yeah, an arcade.

"Why are we in an... Arcade, Dipper, darling?"

"Well," he shrugged," I thought it would be nice to introduce to you the simple life, and also because I really love arcades!"

All that happened was playing games, Dipper teaching Pacifica how to use the machines, and lots and lots of complaints of someone's dress getting dusty.

"Dipper, I had fun, and I would like to invite you to a ballroom dance, it's tomorrow. I don't have a date, and..."

"I was wondering if you'd like to come with me."

"Yay! YES-SER-ROONEY!"

They went their separate ways back to their homes.

It was the day of the 'ballroom dance', nothing much happened, just Dipper tripping over his date's foot a lot.

They chatted, laughed, and he started to feel more awkward the second.

Pacifica kept sniffing his hair, speaking darkly, and saying weird things, like, "You're mine..."

It creeped him a lot, but he just thought it was just her first experience with friendship...

"We'll be together forever."

Never mind, he's weirded out already. Yikes.

"Okay, I'll go now. It's puh-retty late..."

"See you tomorrow, dearie!"

Once he was far away, he mumbled, "She's way creepier than I remember from a few days ago..."

"YIKES."

He walked through the snowy forest, again, snow and snow and snow and snow and snow--- OKAY, I think you get it.

The museum was only a few steps away, and when he was on the doorstep, he ringed the doorbell like zombies were chasing him.

Someone was heard running downstairs and opened the door.

"Grunkle Stan is already sleeping, Dipper," Mabel rubbed her eyes. It was about 10 PM already.

"Sorry! It's just really cold!"

She groaned, "Just come in already, I want to continue sleeping!" She's grumpy whenever someone disrupts her sleep.

"OKAY, OKAY!"

They tiptoed upstairs to the attic, and sat on the floor.

"Anyway, how was the date?"

"I thought you wanted to sleep..?"

"You woke me up, anyway," she rolled her eyes.

He started, "Well..."

He explained to her what happened, and he got to the point of annoyance that he was raising his voice.

"Don't you usually understand peo---"

"I don't know! SHE SNIFFS MY HAIR, MABEL! THE SNIFFING IS CRAZY, I DON'T THINK NORMAL PEOPLE DO THAT," he was literally pulling his hair out.

"Careful! You're gonna pull out some strands," she removed his hand from his hair.

He curled up in a ball, "She's weird, Dipper no like!"

She rubbed his back, "Well, I could just tell her for you..."

"YAYAYAYAY! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU," he hugged her.

"Okay, just..."

He let go.

"Let me sleep, please."

She turned off the lights.

"Okay."

The next day...

"Okay, when were you gonna go to the next event she invited you to?"

"A dinner in some fancy restaurant? I think it's an hour after now."

"Mhm," she thought of annoying ways to break it to Pacifica, but she just settled on the simplest and most respectful one.

An hour later, she went outside, and to the restaurant.

She opened the door, and found her.

"Hey, u-um, Pacifica? My brother, u-um, thinks you're weird, and doesn't wanna date you anymore... No offense."

"Oh, dear, it's okay. I understand."

An idea popped in Pacifica's head. "Can I just talk with you about this in my warehouse? I really want someone to converse about this."

"Okay, sure," Mabel agreed, letting her naive-side take over.