Episode 3: TIG - Part 2

They went inside... An aquarium?

"Ah, yes, the aquarium," Grunkle Stan pulled out an an old-looking piece of paper, which read, "My ex-wife still misses me, but her aim is getting better...! Her aim's getting better...! It's funny because marriage is terrible."

He chuckled at it.

Dipper asked, "Hey, Grunkle Stan? What's so funny?"

"Oh, nothing, kiddo. I just really missed this place. They haven't opened it a while, I used to go here... When I was doing nothing," he explained, putting the note back in his coat's pocket.

Mabel joined in the question-and-answer, "So... This place has a lot of meaning to you?"

"Heh, it does, surprisingly," he replied.

"OH MY GOODNESS A DOLPHIN," Dipper ran towards it, dragging Mabel along with him. Grunkle Stan also followed, just not as fast.

She raised her eyebrow, "Why're you so excited about a dolphin? Didn't you like sharks?"

"Yeah, I'm warming up to other animals, but hey," he whispered the next part, so Grunkle Stan wouldn't hear, "It's a break from the 'Pacifica-incident'!"

"Wait," her eyes got huge, "THAT WAS REAL?!"

A janitor scolded her, "Please don't shout."

"Hehe, sorry," she apologized, obviously embarrassed.

"Uh, yeah---"

"I almost died, and I thought it was just a horrible nightmare," she freaked out.

"Hey, Mabes. Calm down, at least we're having a break from all of that!"

She sighed, "Okay, okay."

A worker announced,
"STEP RIGHT UP AND SEE THE MYSTERIOUS..."

"GOBBLEWONKER! It was found yesterday at the Gravity Rises lake, under the ice. We broke the poor fella' out, and it's a big one!"

The twins and their Grunkle went over to see what the commotion was all about.

"OOOOOOOOOOH," the people all said in sync, including Dipper, but not Mabel, Grunkle Stan's not impressed.

He wondered, "Wait, what happened to this place?"

"It used to be more interesting..."

He examined the 'Gobblewonker'. It wasn't moving naturally, the legs stop moving once in a while. The 'normal' townsfolk of Gravity Rises didn't notice, though.

He looked back at his coat pocket, and back at the 'Gobblewonker'.

Mabel asked, still shy, "Hey, Grunkle Stan? Are... You okay?"

"Yeah, I just noticed that the place got worse."

The twins asked in unison, "What?"

"It used to be more... Real. They found some weird creatures from the waters, and placed it here, so they wouldn't die from the cold," he explained, gestures are indeed included.

"What's really interesting, is that they even got here."

"OOOOOOOOH," Dipper exclaimed.

"This one," he pointed to the 'Gobblewonker', "is too legendary to even be in here."

"WOW," Dipper exclaimed. Again.

Mabel was just so intrigued. She never saw her Grunkle like this. Sure, a few days have passed, but he never was like this. He seemed like someone who has issues, and now, he's taking them on a visit to one of his 'favorite' places, as he said. All of these things are blowing her mind.

Grunkle Stan asked, "How about we explore this place?"