Chapter 35: The house

October, Sunday
CLARY

I must say I am absolutely relieved that we are moving. I hate being at the house with Sebastian, sometimes we were left alone and I don't have a choice to keep calm and stay in my art room. I've always known that Sebastian is still routing for me, that's why it creeps me out. But I hope that he won't do the same mistakes he did before. I don't know what really happened to him back then, all of a sudden he vanished and the Verlac's went bankrupt. Serves him right though, after what he almost done to me.. 

Imogen visits us from time to time, she's more excited than I am. Since I am getting married 2 weeks from now and I couldn't be more elated than she is. I mean I am getting married because of wanting to help Jace, but still I love that I am experiencing marriage with this kind of situation we are in. I'm not regretting it, pretty soon I know I will be able to open myself up more to him. I know that to myself.

"Hey, love... " I hear Jace's voice coming from the door. I'm in our bedroom looking through some stuff that we are moving.

I looked up at him and smiled.

"Yes?" I say amusingly.

"Are you ready? Are these boxes ready?" He asks. I nodded and stood up.

"You guys, I'll help you bring those to the truck..." Says a second voice and I know who that is. I bite my lip as Jace enters looking at me with reassuring smile.

Seb enters and grab two boxes, I grabbed one too so did Jace. We only have 10 more boxes left since we're not really moving the furniture, we're only moving personal stuff.

The house that we picked is already fully furnished and I love the interior of that house, that's why Jace and I decided to not change anything except for the other room. It's a children's room. That has three bunk beds. We're deciding if we should change it or let it be. It's not that we need that room, it's not that we don't need it either. I mean we have a lot of spare and there's one room that I can use with my art.

Jace and I said our goodbye to Seb, Jace didn't fail to joke about taking care of his house, that Seb shouldn't bring too much girls in that house. I almost laughed out loud he's like talking to a teenager.

"You know that Seb isn't a kid anymore right? " I joked in the middle of our road trip.

He turned at me for a second with a smirk.

"You don't know Seb.. He did it thrice before in our loft in London, what's worst is that he slept on my bed with some girl..." He joked and while focusing on the road.

"Wow, you two had an awesome memories together..." I say sarcastically because seriously they're like brothers. They act like one, and somehow because of me I made it complicated.

"Right.. I'm sorry really.. I didn't know he was that kind of dude..." Jace tells me with a sad tone..

"It's fine, maybe he changed after he vanished out of thin air, that year.." I tell him.. Jace snorted.

"Maybe.. But he's still crazy for you love.." he murmurs, grabbing my hand pulling it towards his lips.. He gave it a smooch and I just stare at him feeling loved, "you're sweet..." I simply muttered with a smile.. 

He was about to retort when I turned away from him feeling embarrassed.. I hear his low chuckle. Damn, this lad.. I cursed inwardly.

But there's Seb, sometimes I just wanna scream at Seb and tell Imogen afterwards what was really happening. But I don't think it's my decision. It's also Jace's.

We arrived at the house around three in the afternoon and I can't still help myself. It's breathtaking. I love the house, like really love it. I love it more than myself. And if I want to be honest about it, I want to live here for the rest of my life. And if it works out I want to live here with Jace.

"It's really beautiful, isn't?" Jace asks again looking at the house, his arms around my shoulders, he's head nuzzled on my neck..

"Yeah.. hmm.." I moaned as he bites and suck that soft weak spot on my neck. I'm pretty sure it will leave a mark.. 

"So what do you want to do first? Do you want us to go and bring the boxes down or prepare for dinner? You know they're coming over right?" Jace says right after with a smile as if he did nothing.. I perched up at him feeling a little annoyed..

But I completely forgot about it.. They're coming over, Mom, Luke, Jon, little Sean, Izzy, Simon, Max, Alec, Magnus and of course Imogen and Will. I mentally slap myself.

"Groceries... " I murmured.

Jace snorted.

"The fridge is already full. Your mom called me earlier telling me that she's coming over early since she wanted to help you..." He tells me with a grin, my brows furrows.

"She told me no one is answering your phone. Where is your phone anyway?.." He asks me again.

I blinked and realized that I completely forgotten about it.

"Let's just grab the boxes.." I say since it's probably in my bag or one of the boxes. I must've left it in there.

"Seriously, Jace you are indeed an husband material... " we hear mom's voice. It's been thirty minutes since we decided to get cozy on the couch outside looking at the beautiful view.

Jace's arms around me as his grips tighten a bit when we both heard mom's voice. I smiled and quirk a little looking at mom who was admiring the view already.

Jace cleared his throat and remove his arms around me, greeting mom respectfully with a quick peck on her cheek.

"Clary, I don't know what are you really waiting for, but this.... This is insane. Jace is clearly a husband material. I mean look at this house..." She says amusingly looking at me. I chuckle standing up from the couch giving her the 'we are going to talk about this sometime' look.

She rolled her eyes and sighed.

"Anyways, I am going to help you with the kitchen.. " Mom says with a smirk.

"I know, I know. Jace told me. Thank you..." I tell her.

"Jace if you need a caretaker you can have us here. " we hear Jon's voice. I snorted.

"Caretaker you say? Why?" Jace asks amusingly. But I know he's actually joking.

"Well you have a plenty of room and besides Sean loves you.. " Jon says with a smirk.

I rolled my eyes.

"Knock it off, Jon. You have the house by yourself. This is their own house now..." Mom told Jon.

"It's fine.. You can visit us any time. " I told him and he's right we have plenty of rooms.

"Anyways are you sleeping over? " I asked.

"Oh no. You know that we are practically neighbors now. " Mom says with a huge smile. I nodded agreeing.

"How about you Jon?" I ask him.

"We actually packed an overnight bag.. " Jon says trailing looking at mom.

"You and Sean can sleepover, besides I miss Sean..." I tell him grabbing Sean from the floor.

He smiles at me, while playfully grabbing my nose and lips.

I chuckled.

"He loves his Aunt Clary. " Jon says playfully.

X