Chapter 32: Mom's Wedding

October, Saturday
CLARY

Mom knows every detail of her wedding, but there this one thing she doesn't know and I can't wait for her reaction to know about it. Izzy and I helped mom plan her wedding. As for Luke, Maia helped him where to hold it, Luke wanted to do it Malibu, so he asked for Maia for the rentals and for sale houses.

Mom and I went there earlier to take a one last look, it's the most beautiful beach house I've ever seen. It's perfect for a family to live in. It has a huge garden space and that's where the wedding will be.

Jon set up a stag party for Luke tonight and I can't help but worry.

"You going to be fine here?" Jace asks me before he leaves with Jon, Luke, Jordan, Alec, Simon and Alaric. They're all going to stay at the rental beach house since the wedding will be held there. Luke decided that they should just stay there. Instead of getting a hotel to get ready to, besides we, the girls are getting ready here at Jace's house.

"Yeah I'm going to be fine.. I'm not alone you know..." I tell her.

"You sure?" He asks again looking at me with a soft smile. I nodded.

"Well, that's good..." He says to me then he turned to Izzy who is talking to Simon.

"And Izzy!" He hollered.

Izzy looks at him with such face.

"No boys allowed!" He jokes. Izzy rolled her eyes.

"No girls allowed over there too! " She yells back. We all laughed.

"You should relax, we're just going to have some wine and chips..." Magnus tells them.

"Yeah, us too..." Alec says.

The boys left except for Magnus.

"So tell me, how are you and Jace?" Mom asks as soon as we settled down at the pool side.

I look at her and actually thinking why mom is asking.

"Oh come on, after knowing about the situation between you guys, I'm still worried.. " She asks me.

"You don't have to worry about it Jocey." Magnus says.

"Yeah, Jace is very much into Clary..." Izzy says.

"Well I'm actually worried about Jace not you.. " Mom cleared out.

"Wait a minute, I'm your daughter here, why aren't you worried about me? Besides you are the bride here this should be the night about you Mom. " I say.

"Well we can talk about it later..." She reasoned.

I huffed, I really can't get away with this.

"There's nothing to worry about, really. " I say. Mom grabs a hold of my hand and gave it a light squeeze.

"How about Sebastian? How was he? " Mom asks.

"Well, to tell you the truth, I was thankful that he's not going to your wedding. I know that you invited him because he's been hanging around a lot lately. " I say.

"yeah well, I don't want to be rude. " Mom says.

"I think he changed. But I don't really want to be around him. Jace can't just tell him to get lost since they're best of friends. Well Jace hates him now..." I say.

"Well you just have to be careful and always stick to Jace. Does Seb knows about the thing between you and Jace?"

"Nope, he cannot know about it. He knows about Imogen's deal. But if he finds out that I know and that Jace really loves me. I think he'll retaliate mom, since Jace told me that Seb still wants me..." I say.

"He still wants you? " Mom asks worriedly.

"Sebastian is still in love with Clary. " Izzy says.

Mom let out a gasp.

"Well why don't you just tell him?" Mom asks.

"If Jace tells him about, Sebastian will tell Imogen about it. " I say. Mom sighed.

"Just be careful. " she says.

It was already midnight when my phone rang, mom and I are still sitting at the porch looking at the beautiful view.

"Jace?.." Mom asks. I nodded.

"Hey...hmmm... yeah, I'm fine.. You guys? Okay, good...Okay goodnight, see you tomorrow... Bye... " I say. Since he's worried about us here being alone all girls.

"What did he say? " Mom asks.

"He was asking about us..." I say. Mom nodded.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
October, Sunday

"Clary!" I hear Izzy's annoying voice, I let out a soft groan as I slowly open my eyes.

"What is it Izzy?" I ask, she shakes her head.

"You have to get up right now, you know we have a wedding to attend to. " She says.

I blink again and get up to grab my phone, my eyes widens when I saw the time and I have ten miscalls from Jace, It's already three in the afternoon and the wedding will start at six.

"Seriously what time did you sleep last night?" She asks me.

"I really don't know..." I say with my hoarse voice.

"Anyways, just get up already and call Jace. He's been calling me for hours. " She tells me. I nodded.

I pick my phone up again and dial Jace's number.

He answered.

"Clarissa! I've been calling..." He says coming from the other line, I flinched a little bit when I hear him calling me by my full name..

"Sorry, I over slept..." I say he sighs.

"Go get your coffee love, I'll see you later.." He says.

"Yeah, bye. "

I hang up and get out of the bed.

I took a bath and decided to do my make up and hair, because Maia told me that Izzy is still busy with Mom.

Good thing, I'm also good and quick at this.

Around 4:30, Mom entered my room. I stood up from my vanity and gave her a hug.

"You look beautiful Mom and that dress is perfect..." I say.

"Of course, I made it..." Izzy perks. I rolled my eyes.

"Well that dress of yours is lovely, biscuit. " Magnus says with a grin.

"Yeah, well I designed it..." I say.

We all chuckled.

"Let's go, Mom called me a while ago, they're already there...." Izzy says.

I nodded.

X