Chapter 10: Like the old times

July, Tuesday

Clary woke up with a slight headache, her alarm ringing at seven in the morning, what could possibly she be doing today that she set her alarm pretty much early, she thought to herself. She groaned and stood up, her head hurts for the fact that Izzy and she had a little drink last night at their house.

Clary heard Luke's soft knock to her door, she murmur a soft come in. Luke chuckles seeing Clary in a bad shape, well more like having a hangover.

"You look like shit, Clare-bear..." Luke teased. Clary rolled her eyes at Luke, grabbing a pillow throwing at him.

"Why don't you get up, William's waiting downstairs..." Luke say, Clary's eyes widens when she realized that she had a breakfast date with William today. But of course, they're just friends catching up. She thought to herself.

"By the angel. Can you send him up?" Clary asks Luke. Luke's eyebrows lifted like he's asking, 'are-you-serious'. Clary sighs.

"We're fine Luke. Even though we already broke up, Will and I started as friends. So can you send him up?" Clary asks again, Luke chuckled shuffling Clary's hair.

"Alright. But one more thing. I have to ask you something..." Luke says nervously.

"What is it?"

"You know, that I've been meaning to propose to your mother, right?" Clary nodded, "I wanted to do it, tonight, so, can you not go home?" Luke says awkwardly, rubbing the back of her head. Clary chuckled.

"So I'm getting kick out?" Clary teased, Luke laughed..."Of course, not, but anyways? "

"Yeah. Yeah, I'll stay at Izzy. Just keep me posted..." She told him. Luke stood up, giving Clary a quick peck on her forehead.

William was fidgeting, this will be the first time he get to see Jocelyn again after they broke up. He was slightly shocked though that Jocelyn opened her arms at him, hugging him, telling him that she had missed him. Of course, William hugs back and told her that he missed her too.

"You know, a lot had changed since Clary and you broke up.." Jocelyn told William while pouring a cup of coffee in her mug. She asks William if he wanted to, but of course, William told her that he and Clary are grabbing some breakfast together to catch up.

Jocelyn smiled to that. Seeing that the two of them have totally moved on.

"I've met your grandmother, how come you never said anything about Imogen?" Jocelyn asks the same question as Clary's. William smiles awkwardly.

"Imogen isn't actually my grandmother, her husband is the brother of my grandfather..." William explains. Jocelyn only nodded in response.

"I heard your cousin is here. Clary will be partnering with him, with the clothing store..." Jocelyn told him.

"Yeah, Jace is pretty much the opposite of me. But he's kind.." William told Jocelyn.

"Opposite? "

"Uhmmm. I.. I don't think I know how to explain it.." William said awkwardly knowing that, Jace likes Clary, he can't help but to protect Clary. But of course, he knows that Jace is a nice man, even though he has a history with women. He can't tell Jocelyn about Jace.

"Clary says, you should come up. She has a major hangover." Luke came right away, telling William. William only nodded but he was shocked that Clary still wants him to go up, even though they already have broken up. Things are still kind of awkward between them but William knows that the both of them have moved on.

William gave Luke and Jocelyn a curt nod and left.

"Hey... " Of course, old habits die hard as William just opened her door without knocking. Clary was still on her bed, lying on her chest. William chuckled.