Chapter 15: The older brother

August, Monday
CLARY

It's been a month, since Jace and I made that bet. We've been friends yes, we've grown to like each other. We're closer than ever. The clothing store is actually done and Izzy told me that the grand opening will be on my Birthday. It didn't surprise me much but I was hoping to have some alone time for myself on that day, but it's still good that they set it on that day, they said that they wanted to have a double celebration.

Jace and I talked about Imogen thoughts, he tells me that there's no need for me to marry him. That he won't use me like that. Of course I know he wanted to give Imogen what she wants but still he declined the offer. I know to myself that I'm willing to help him. Jace still keeps on hitting on me though, and I can't helped but laugh at the guy. He always lose, I mean my comebacks are always the best. Which I don't really know why it was the best, I don't know why he keeps on losing to me.

"Earth to Clarissa!! " I blinked and turn to look at Mum. I was out and thinking deeply again. Mum and I are at Izzy's house for her dress fitting. It's finally happening, and I still haven't got any new place to live.

"Sorry..." I muttered. Izzy snorted as Mum rolled her eyes on me. I scoffed.

"I bet she's thinking about Jace. " I hear Izzy murmurs. My mum grins at me, I shake my head..

"Seriously, Why do you always tease me? I don't even like 'like' the guy." I tell them, "Oh please. You two are like old couple who bickers.." Izzy stated.

"Clary. Are you sure you don't like Jace? You two are so close..." Mum asks me nicely. I huffed, to be honest I don't really know what I feel. I like him, yes, I want to tap him, yes. But I don't think I will be able to love him.. It's too soon..

"I really don't know. I just don't feel being in a relationship again..." I tell them.
--------------------------------------------------------------
JACE

It's been a month now and all I need is another month for this bet to be over. I'm not saying that I'm letting her win just that, I want to make this right as possible. This is rare to me. I want to be able to tell Clary what I really feel for her. Even though Grandma is already pushing me to marry her, I know it's not right the fact that Imogen asks for her help to get me settled. Even though I know she's only helping me for Imogen's and our friendship have grown, I know I really like her.

I want her to like me.

I want her to be able to love me just like I love her.

I've already talked to Izzy about what I really feel for Clary. She was so glad that I was able to finally settled my thoughts. I'm not playing anymore, I'm not sleeping to anybody ever since I found out that I love her. William was even surprised that we both have fallen to the red head, but of course William is over her. He only told me to take care of Clary no matter what.

Jocelyn and I have become closer too, for the past month. Ever since Clary and I began working together, sometimes I come over and ending up sleeping over, Clary sometimes do the same in Malibu. Jocelyn always tells me that I'm more welcome to come over at their place if I need a hang.

It's already five in the afternoon and I'm going to fetch Clary and Jocelyn at Izzy's since we have a dinner reservation together. It's funny how I become a part of their family even though we only met last month.

"Isabelle?" I opened the front door and hollered at them.

"Upstairs..." I hear Isabelle's voice. I smile and it's quite confusing that little Max isn't around. I come up and went to Izzy's office.

"Hey..." I greeted them with a smile. My eyes landed on Jocelyn, Izzy and lastly Clary who is wearing her maid of honor gown. I blinked and my heart ached for her. She's so beautiful.