Chapter 18: Completely forgotten

August, Tuesday
CLARY

It's been six days since I moved in with Jace. It fascinates me how Jace treats me like I'm his girl best friend, he's always there, it's like he reads my mind whenever I need something. I really needed a someone, a connection like this. It's like we've known each other since the very beginning of our existence, it was way more different than Simon and Will. There's this magnetic pull between the two of us. Jace also told Imogen that I moved in with him, that leads to Imogen's excitement. I can't helped but wonder what was going on her mind two days after I moved in with Jace when she visited. She was observing us. She prepared dinner that day and when we suggested that she can stay over and rest, that we'll do the dishes she just grinned at us and left. But seconds later she was there looking at us. She noticed how we moved in sync like my brother does. More like she complimented us.

I can't helped but wonder that she might be thinking that we'll both end up together. But I doubt that. But if Jace really asked for it. I will not hesitate since it's for good old Gen. Gen that's the name I use to call her now, since I told her that her name sounds like she's way older than her usual. She gladly accepted it, and ever since she's always calling me whenever she can. Talking all we do is talk.

I can't really believe Jace and I like each other too much. To be honest I like Jace. I like the way he treats me like a porcelain doll, he's mindful with everything. I like how his perverted mind come and goes, I like it when he's being such a tease because of this bet of ours.

"Clary, Love... " I was snapped out of my thinking when Jace shook me. And yes, he called me love. That's the other thing I like about him. He's sweeter than I thought, although he's the same ass I met a month ago.

I rolled my eyes the moment I saw his facial expression. He's smirking like an idiot again.

"What now?" I asked. We're both in his room with the tray of clothes for the evening. Izzy made sure that we will have the perfect clothes to wear later.

We've work for weeks and I know that was fast and now, the store is opening. Izzy and Magnus are very proud of us since we made it work within a few weeks. Jace and I are collaborating with them now. Of course it's still their brand, it was nice working with your friends.

"Have you decided what you want to wear later? Izzy brought a bunch of clothes, you know. " He tells me with a soft smile, I sighed. It's going to be a black and white party although I didn't really specifically said that it would be a gown thing. But still we're going for the usual thing.

"Right. I haven't, but have you?" I ask Jace back, pushing myself up from his bed looking at the tray of clothes..

"You know it's actually all the same for me right? These are all suits. You on the other hand, woman, your clothes are more complicated..." He tells me with a grin. I rolled my eyes. It's already three in the afternoon and I actually need some time alone right now.

"I think I need to go for a swim. Why don't you pick something for me? I'll pick something for you..." I tell him with a pointed look. He lets out a big sigh but agreed.

"You know, there's something with you Herondales and Lightwoods. You all love fashion..." I tell him amusingly with a wink leaving him. I hear his chuckles resonating as I left his bedroom.

"You know we have to get ready soon right?" He hollered at me.

"I know!" I hollered back not turning back. Since I really need a swim right now.

It's actually bugging me that tonight is the opening and my birthday. I know they all decided to do it today since because it'll be a double celebration, but I haven't gotten any greetings from them. The fact that this was their idea, except for Mom and Luke who greeted me earlier with an frantic call who woke me up from my deep slumber.