Chapter 8: Monday

July, Monday
CLARY

The weekend passed by like a bliss and now it's Monday. I called William earlier today, that I'm meeting his grandmother Imogen, to thank her for buying the piece of my art. It was good that I get to talk to William again, I guess being able to see the closest friends of mine is the only push that I need, to be able to finally get over William. I'm good now, I'm alright finally got over him and maybe he is too, well he should.

Jace and I became closer over the weekend even though it was actually the first time I've ever met him, he's nice, but I don't think I'll be able to like nor love someone again. He's showing signs that he might actually like me, but I'm not that quite sure yet. Then there's Izzy always pushing me to him, it's like she wanted me to jump the guy and have kids, get married.

I sighed.

We left Jace's beach house around nine in the morning and now I just arrived at our townhouse, looking for mom, since Luke's truck is on the driveway, I know the both of them are home.

"Mom..." I hollered.

"In here... " I hear her voice coming from the kitchen, I smile putting down my bags on the couch and went to see her and Luke.

I smile, greeting them with a kiss on the cheeks and a hug.

"How was your trip?" Mom asks me nicely, but I sense something different with her voice. I rolled my eyes groaning.

"Izzy told you huh... " I say irritated. Mom let out a chuckle so did Luke. I huffed I mean it's bad enough that Izzy told mom behind my back and now Mom told Luke. I feel like I'm a kid to be irritated.

 "I don't know what you're talking about sweetie.." Mom looks at me, telling that white lie. But I can see how she wants to giggle it out.

"I so hate Izzy!!!" I say annoyingly. Mom and Luke laughed.

"I hate you too Mom. " I stood up, stomping away to go to my room.

"I love you too, Sweetie!!" Mom hollered. I shook my head as I opened my door. How I love my mom.

It's already eleven and I'm meeting Imogen at Taki's around twelve. I'm on my way out when Mom stops me on my way to the front door.

"Luke and I are going to go out later tonight, is that okay with you?" Mom asks. It's not like it's not okay with me, Mom and I had these habits and one of it is we have to tell each other no matter what where we going. I smiled.

"It's fine mom. I'll be at Izzy's later. I'm meeting Imogen today, remember?" I told her. She clasps her hand together.

"Right, I forgot. Well, good luck..." She says. I said goodbye to her, kissing her on her cheeks and left.

I'm so nervous right now and I don't know why. It's not like I haven't met William's parents before but this is the first time that I'm meeting his Grandmother. But it's not like he told his grandmother about me, right? He didn't even mention a grandmother. I sighed.

It's alright. I'm wearing descent clothes, I look great. I told myself.

I'm wearing a warm orange top with a white skirt just stops on my knee and some heels. The July heat pretty much lightens my mood a bit, the fact that I can dress in lesser clothes and the fact that it wasn't that cold and wasn't that hot today, unlike the day I met Jace.

There's something about Jace though, that keeps me drawn. I know that he's a young bachelor player who loves sleeping around, but I can see that there's more to it. I know he's nice, but I just don't understand why he isn't getting into that chapter to get settled. I mean he's a gorgeous man, why is that he's still single? Why is he playing around? I ask myself. Been thinking about Jace since I left his house. I sighed.